Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,293,821 times

Advertisements

The people at the top of the food chain have no loyalty to the United States, its citizens, or the principals the country stands for. Their only interest is making money, and making it in mass quantities.
Lying off American workers and replacing US factories with counterparts in low wage third world countries is hugely profitable. All that was necessary to make the process complete was the cooperation of the government. After all if the American people were to become agitated by loosing jobs and industries politicians pandering for votes may enact tariffs and trade policies to protect American jobs. How would it be possible to distract the people to the point where they really did not notice or really care about the outsourcing of millions of jobs. First you would need to do this during a time when the economy was booming, when the economy was creating jobs at such a pace, that people displaced by outsourcing would easily be able to find jobs in other fields. Next you would need to inflate the economy thru some type of asset inflation that would cause the average American to believe they were actually prospering from the changes taking place. But how could this all be accomplished. History provided the answer. During the roaring 20’s the economy was able to be inflated like a giant bubble by driving the price of stocks with credit. By allowing the average worker to purchase stocks with credit, it was possible to create an enormous market, that for years, fed off it’s self by constant equities value increases. The more stock values went up, the more confident people became. Their newly found ability to create money encouraged them to increase purchases across the board driving employment and adding fuel to the prosperity fire.
Could this same type of credit driven mania be created today? After the dotcom crash in the early 2000’s there was no longer the confidence in stocks to do what was done in the 20’s. But housing was another story. The inflation years of the 70’s left made a huge impact on the psyche of the boomer generation by pricing many out of the market. Housing became the status symbol of the boomers, and fostered the generational belief that real estate always increases in value over time. This belief was so wide spread real estate was universally accepted as the safest possible asset. All that was needed now was a credit policy that made it possible for everyone to participate. That would mean record low interest rates and credit standards to be relaxed to the point where anyone breathing could qualify for a loan. Of course once inflated this artificial bubble would have to eventually burst, causing massive loan defaults, so a method was needed to keep the banks from absorbing the losses. What was needed was a financial instrument that bundled loans and allowed them to be sold off to 3rd parties like pension funds. In order to make these investments seem safe a financial derivative could be created to insure the loans against default (credit default swaps).
We all know the rest of the story. Unfortunately the deception is not over; asset values of real estate are being artificially supported by the government which will ensure the economic spiral we find ourselves in will continue for decades to come. The transfer of private lender debt to public government debt will choke our economy causing ever growing taxes to service a debt that is now growing parabolic. After the massive stimulus to the economy provided by government last year, the economy is now beginning to roll over and all propaganda about green shoots is quickly becoming forgotten. Hold on as we descend into the second part of the downward spiral, it is going to be a rough ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 04:47 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,439,138 times
Default Vana, can you sell me a paragraph separator?

Awfully difficult to follow the thoughts...

Can you edit it to make it more readable?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:54 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,553,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Awfully difficult to follow the thoughts...

Can you edit it to make it more readable?
Let me try?

(ahem)

Summary:

It sucks being US and if is going to suck more

(end)

There. I think that should do it.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:55 PM

764 posts, read 1,558,224 times
I agree with some of your concerns but to link them together like that and make it out to be a conspiracy theory....rediculous

Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,801,843 times
Jeeezzze, you certainly said a mouthful! I'm as frustrated as you are, I've suffered many of the same things that you are foaming up about but I'm finding it hard to follow your diatribe.
Yes, I can see that you are all lathered-up, to the point of being frantic but I do wish that you would consider organizing your post into a format which will not scare the readers away. I can
identify largely with your frustrations but am having a tough time collecting your thoughts, I keep getting confused in trying to separate your sentences and group your thoughts. Sit back,
compose yourself, take a deep breath and re approach your issuance with this thought in mind: Things will never change in the direction that you'd like them to. Whatever issue is pressing
against your peace of mind, is not going to change. Your gripes are among the chorus of others who've found themselves disillusioned by their masters, destined to eat the dungballs of
Capitol Hill, those road apples which roll so readily our way. Take up your lance and mount your steed, fight and seek to change the winds of time while you force your lance into the windmill
of reality that will always oppose you, it vanes there to chop you and your horse to pieces.

For now, try to dedicate yourself to sentence structure, punctuation and just generally trying to organize your post to a recognizable format. Other than that, I feel for you! I'd feel alot better
if you'd review your comments before clicking them off. At least I'd be able to follow them better.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:43 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,062,745 times
Firstly, thank you for telling everyone about this. Don't listen to the people who don't agree, they have been brainwashed by poisoned processed food and fluorinated water by the shape shifting reptilian overlords.

Secondly, you will need to go to ground after posting this truth. They are coming for you. What may seem like people walking their dogs (the dogs are really recording devices) and joggers are now watching you, waiting for the strike team to assemble in the helicopters.

You need to leave immediately and get to a safe house. Best if the walls are lined with tin foil so your thoughts can't betray you. Buy heavy curtains lined with metal wire, keep them shut. Watch out for plumbing, keep it shut with a plug and use a bucket for your sanitary needs (from rain water of course, no fluoridation). They can send recording devices to read your mind through the plumbing while you sleep. Be sure to change your clothing style and shopping habits. They will be watching your friends and family too. Only access the internet in changing locations from public stations (libraries, universities, etc...). Live free in the urban wilderness till they are toppled from power and you can come out of hiding. There will be a call when everything is safe.

/snark

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,831,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Let me try?

(ahem)

Summary:

It sucks being US and if is going to suck more

(end)

There. I think that should do it.
Tried to rep ya, but you know how that goes....

Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,919,144 times
Default Parody is easy.

It's easy to parody something in order to belittle it and make fun of it. However, I believe the OP is essentially correct, as do many serious thinkers in economics. O.K., let's hear some of you critics post your rational analyses to actually rebut the OP and explain why and where he is wrong. (Suggesting paragraph breaks - which I agree with - will not cut it as far as logical refutation goes.)

Old 08-11-2010, 06:58 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,553,296 times
No one is saying Jim is wrong -- or even trying to debate, let alone belittle him. Jim has been around awhile, we are all sort of bar-room or barbershop level friends around here.

He started into a post, went into a rant, and just ranonandon. It is funny among friends. That is all. No big deal.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
I think Jim is going through the 5 stages of grief.

This would be stage 2.

Jim..FWIW I do agree with you. The dots can all be connected over the years all back to the bankers.
And they are not done with us yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics