Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times

Advertisements

Last week I pulled seven dogs off euth lines in two KY shelters. Last night on the way home we agreed to take in two others who's family had lost their home and have to move back in with parents. The mother hates dogs with a passion and told a local rescue lady I work with that if she didn't take them she'd leave them in the shelter the next morning. Our shelter euthanizes owner surrenders on intake, so it would be a death sentence with no chance at all. I couldn't say no.

The two from last night have a foster home set up, I just need to get them to her. I've been wicked sick and getting out of bed wasn't going to happen today. I did get them intro'd to the other dogs, with two of the seven from the shelters. The other five from the shelter have kennel cough and two have parvo they're recovering from, so those five are still in our 'ICU'. Hoping in the next couple weeks they'll be well enough to join the rest.

So, pictures and if you can give me thoughts on the breed for the one in hubby's lap I'd love to hear them. I'm thinking Aussie / Border Collie mix. The other is a cockapoo from a 'breeder'. Gag.

Some of our dogs. Charlie Brown (Aussie/BC mix?) and Snoopy are both in this one.

Charlie Brown. He's five months old for size reference.

Forgive the goofy color on the back walls. We're trying to decide on a paint scheme. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
First off, feel better soon, lady!

Secondly, you rock... something fierce!

And last but not least, those dogs are all gorgeous and oh so lucky to have you in their lives.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Better one of Snoopy

Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 PM

And a better one of Charlie Brown

Old 05-11-2010, 04:12 PM

And the two beagles that have joined the group

Rex. He's got to have some hound of some kind in him with those spots. I just think he's adorable. And what a love bug. But boy does he have a hound bark!

Computer is being difficult. Will try to get Fiona up here soon.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:55 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,248,540 times
It kinda looks like a central american paint scheme...

I'm lucky and sad, that I don't live near you. Some of those guys would be living with me...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,370,776 times
Charlie Brown - Jack Russell - I've seen similar markings on them and those "tulip ears" or a mix of JRT and smooth coat Fox Terrier, the often have that split face.

Snoopy - English Cocker Spaniel, I'd contact their Breed Rescue, they might help out.

Rex- Looks like a field bred Beagle, some lines do have ticking, especially some of the field bred packs. These packs are not often registered and some of the breeders are looking for certain strains and way don't conform to breed standards. Alot of them have that narrower head too.

Feel better soon.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:30 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,647,153 times
So many blessings on you for what you do. They are beautiful dogs. Good luck with them and feel better soon!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,590,473 times
You are AMAZING...these dogs have certainly found a guardian angel in you!!! I second the guess at Charlie Brown being at least part JRT...does he jump high and kind of bob his head forward while doing so? That's a tell-tale characteristic...I LOVE that breed, so energetic, smart, quirky and FUN! I have a JRT/Chi mix that I "fostered" a few years back and ended up keeping, and believe me, she keeps me on my toes!

Here's a pic of her with her friend/co-conspirator H2 (Humphrey II)...they grew up together and are always thinking up new ways to trick mommy, LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Recent fosters-cinnamon-h2.jpg  

Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,921,960 times
I hope you feel better soon mrs1885!

I was thinking Charlie Brown is a Fox Terrier/JRT mix, and as far as Snoopy I wouldn't even venture to guess beyond, maybe a Cocker Spaniel mix.

Thanks for doing all the great work you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs