Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM

603 posts, read 1,951,561 times

Advertisements

Okay so it's been awhile since i posted so i thought you'd love an update!Well mr rhino is almost 6 months and hes doing great.He's 32 lbs,kind of small for his age,but doing good.When he was younger his body was all white,now he has tons of freckles!!I love them!!He's scheduled to be neutered next wednesday!He's such a smart puppy,he already knows sit,down,paw AND rollover!!!I just love him to death and am so happy he made it through everything,he's so worth it.He does well with the animals in my house but he's kind of iffy with strange dogs at work.Yes i still bring him with me everyday!Most of my co workers(some are anti animal pieces of you know what)love him and he meets all sorts of people and hears/sees new things all the time so i think its good socialization for him.I try to get him around different dogs everyday in hopes he can be ok around them but i honestly feel like his feelings arent going to change.As long as hes great with my other dogs im happy,but of course i want him as socialized as possible.

I also have some sad,messed up,just plain uncomfortable news.A few weeks ago im at work and we get a dead pit in that the cops shot.Of course im all pissed off because this sort of thing happens too often.Can't really blame the cops because pitbulls are everywhere in the really bad neighborhoods but they also need to learn how to read a dogs behavior rather than go trigger happy All comes down to the irresponsible owners!! Well the "owners" of this deceased dog come to get the body.Im standing there staring at this woman and then i realize,oh HEY THATS WHERE I GOT RHINO FROM!!!!His FATHER was the dead dog.I was like holy s***.The woman didn't even recognize me,it was hard for me not to say anything but i was at work and did not want to risk getting in trouble.The female,his mother,was brought to the hospital(picked up by our animal control officer) and was so injured the "owners"werent going to do anything for her so they put her down.It was a very strange feeling for me.I was angry,sad,just plain in shock really,dont know how to describe it.Scum of the earth people.Okay enough of my rambling,heres my little angel!!!Im postin the before pics as well.

AFTER

Had to throw a pic of jellybean in there love my pitties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 PM

13,937 posts, read 39,451,995 times
I dont know what to say...maybe they just couldnt afford the treatments & didnt want to see her suffer. I am wondering WHY they were shot in the first place...grrr

Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,436,667 times
Wow! Rhino looks great! He's growing into such a handsome fella. What a loved & lucky boy. The picture of him singing (?) in his little blue sweater is too cute. So sad to hear about the tragic lives his parents had to suffer. Do you know if the despicable humans were at least charged with neglect?

Jellybean looks like a doll, too.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 PM

Well the story is supposed to be something along the lines of::The dogs were off the property and acting aggressively..When i was at that house to get rhino the father was barking,didnt seem to be aggressive,certainly wasnt trying to get through the fence to attack or anything,the mother seemed very friendly...Im sure they werent well socialized( they DID live outside as well as the puppies)and we all know how our dogs CAN act if they are off the property,out of their element surround by strangers especially people in uniform.I highly doubt they were charged with anything,nothing to really charge them with.Unfortunately it takes A LOT for people to get charged with animal cruelty,if i had my way id force those people to live on chains and starve.The laws just arent strong enough.Im just so thankful i was able to save one,it really is an amazing feeling.Im sure rhino would've been in that black bag or in the pit in a few years if i didnt save him.Its heartbreaking what this breed goes through,and its even more heartbreaking that no one wants to adopt them.Its so emotionally exhausting.Just yesterday we got another neglected pitbull in.Severe mange,bloody scabs cover his body and yet hes so happy to see people.Ill take a pic of him this weekend and post.I will be in charge of his baths and medications.I did this months ago with a mastiff and the before and after is really amazing.I love knowing that I made it possible and i changed that dogs life.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM

Thank you,i love that picture,makes me crack up every time ilook at it.And he ALWAYS sticks his tongue out when he sleeps lol.Hes an amazing puppy.Such a character.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,051,119 times
Thanks for sharing. Rhino is fortunate you were able to save him from the fate suffered by his parents. Good for you!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 PM

5,104 posts, read 12,627,738 times
Thanks for the Rhino update. I am so happy that you saved the little guy. Sorry to hear about the fate of his parents but when they belong to people like that that seems too often to be their fate.

I love the photo of little Rhino in his sweater as yes it does look like he is singing. Love the photo of everyone on the couch. That is a nice looking pac. Love that last photo of Jelly bean too.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:04 AM

9,347 posts, read 20,090,485 times
wow.... he's SIX MONTHS OLD now??? time really flies......

such a lucky little fella that you wandered into his life when you did..... i remember his original story..... and with "people" like that for owners, the fates of his parents were pretty much foregone conclusions.... ......

he just looks SO happy now..... you can see it in his eyes and in his face.....

Old 03-31-2010, 05:25 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,158,649 times
YAY Rhino! He's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That story is CRAZY! If I'd been in your shoes, I would have been shaking -- from fear, from anger, from a whole gamut of emotions. Good for you for holding it together and holding your tongue. I suspect if you'd said anything, it would have been an ugly encounter. You did good, kiddo. Now back to Rhino... such a cutie! Smooches to Rhino from me.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,928,884 times
So sorry to hear of Rhinos parents fate. Great job on how you handled all of it. You have such a great dog in Rhino, and he looks like such a happy boy. Great family picture on the couch, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs