Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:56 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,823,804 times

Advertisements

This woman is driving me nuts. I've talked to her calmly, aggitatedly and today I screamed. Everyday around 10 am she walks past my yard, stops in front of my fence and lets her dogs off lead to run up on the fence to "visit" my dogs. If the dogs are out they go nuts and these two off lead dogs run all around the perimeter (into both my neighbors yards as well) and the woman stands there smiling. WTF?!? If the dogs are in they still here these other dogs and see them through the slider and go nuts in the house. I saw someone post about a cattle prod...do you think it would work on this woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 09:07 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,626,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
This woman is driving me nuts. I've talked to her calmly, aggitatedly and today I screamed. Everyday around 10 am she walks past my yard, stops in front of my fence and lets her dogs off lead to run up on the fence to "visit" my dogs. If the dogs are out they go nuts and these two off lead dogs run all around the perimeter (into both my neighbors yards as well) and the woman stands there smiling. WTF?!? If the dogs are in they still here these other dogs and see them through the slider and go nuts in the house. I saw someone post about a cattle prod...do you think it would work on this woman?
As fun as the thought of the catte prod is, I supppose, from a legal point of view, it probably wouldn't be your best bet, darn it! Of course, should you decide to use one, make sure someone can take a picture, so you can post it! (Oh, were you talking about using it on the dogs, or her?LOL).

Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 AM

42 posts, read 177,773 times
OOh, Irishmom, maybe she's looking for a date. Ok, since talking to her like a normal person didnt work, I'd report the dumba$$. Not only is it dangerous to her dogs,what if they ran into the street) but it's intrusive of her to assume it's ok for her dogs to visit like that. I'd report to her to Animal Control or someone for violating leash laws. Our neighbor(thank god we moved) used to let his dog into our fenced yard until I caught him. He thought it was ok because I myself invited the dogs in ONCE to play with our dog. I guess he figured we had dog crap already, what's one more dump. After I gave him a plastic doggy bag to take with him, he stopped.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,609,040 times
Pick up what her dog leaves behind and put it on her doorstep

Old 05-22-2007, 10:59 AM

989 posts, read 2,764,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Pick up what her dog leaves behind and put it on her doorstep
Do one better. Buy the following items...

Tupperware container
disposable gloves
slingshot

freeze the dog-doo in the Tupperware, put on the gloves, then shoot it at her with the slingshot. [alternate - mount a small "cup" on the slingshot and shoot it 'fresh'] I myself would gladly pay whatever fine I got for hitting a lazy dog owner with the fruits of her own dog's labor.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,918,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisy View Post
OOh, Irishmom, maybe she's looking for a date. Ok, since talking to her like a normal person didnt work, I'd report the dumba$$. Not only is it dangerous to her dogs,what if they ran into the street) but it's intrusive of her to assume it's ok for her dogs to visit like that. I'd report to her to Animal Control or someone for violating leash laws. Our neighbor(thank god we moved) used to let his dog into our fenced yard until I caught him. He thought it was ok because I myself invited the dogs in ONCE to play with our dog. I guess he figured we had dog crap already, what's one more dump. After I gave him a plastic doggy bag to take with him, he stopped.
I agree to notify the Animal Control. Also do you have a video camera? Record it for Animal Control.

If all else fails, show up on the side of the house with a shotgun. That will keep her away.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,304,727 times
Disclaimer: What I am about to say here is a joke ONLY and I would never suggest for real that someone take this chance.

I read about another thing you can do with dog poo, you put it in a brown paper bag, set it on the door step of the oddender and then light the bag on fire (fire is dangerous and should never be used as a toy or in an act of revenge), then you ring the doorbell and run, when they see the bag on fire they will try and stamp it out with their shoe...

Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,924,416 times
The brown paper bag and lighting on fire has been around for ages but I still think it is greatness. I like the slingshot. LMAO!!!!!!! If you do that you MUST have it recorded for us all to view. That would be great. LOL!!!

Do you have any friends that have even larger dogs or ones that are more "alarming" than hers? If you do invite them to come over if they are game for this. Of course your friend would have their dog(s) on their lead/leash. Have them waiting around the corner of your fence for the offending dogs. Poor dogs, it is not their fault they have a stupid human. Or talk yours out for a walk during this time and be ready to round the corner w/ yours as she has let hers go. Only do this if any of the dogs will not get hurt. In Texas they just passed a law that if your dog attacks or bites someone you can get fined big time and jail. If the person dies the owner can get prison AND the poor dog has to get put down. Like I said, it is not the dogs fault they ended up w/ stupid humans.

What about those sprinklers someone mentioned once before? Supposedly they automatically come on when set. Wonder how she would feel having to take two soaking wet doggies home along w/ being soaked herself? hehehehehe

I'd also call animal control and if she is like clock work then they can sit around the corner and wait on her, if they are willing to help out.

In cases like this it just proves more and more that my doggies are better behaved than most humans and smarter. As both of them are at this moment passed out. One in her doggie bed (she can't jump anymore) and the other in MY chair w/ MY blanket. Sorry mutts, lol.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,292,446 times
Since you have already tried to get through to her on your own, I would second the opinions that others have posted: 1) Take photos of this, or video tape it; 2) Bring photos/video to Animal Control and file a report. Let them approach her. 3) Are there leash laws where you live? Is so, then she should NOT have her dogs off the leash. Go to your local police dept. and file an incident report. I would tell the police that you have spoken to her on numerous occassions, to no avail, and are now requesting that they intervene. Between reporting her to Animal Control AND the police, one or the other (or both!) would hopefully contact her and inform her that what she is doing is against the law. Good luck!!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:37 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,369,316 times
The water hose worked wonderfully for me Talk about sheer delight. If not the hose, then set your sprinkler up and sit near the spicket. When the offensive tart saunters on by with her equally offensive mutts off leash at 10 a.m., turn that sucker on full blast and let her get the wake up call that she deserves!

Please video and let us know the link for it on You Tube

Or the boring way is call the local bobbies and have them tell you the necessary action to take ... not as much fun though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs