Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,584,576 times

Advertisements

I face loosing one of my agility trained dogs, Dash to nasal cancer . Last night was very bitter sweet as he ran what maybe his last agility demo at a retirement home that is the same place he did his first demo many years ago.Our Club does it every year and the residents love it as do the dogs. They not only get to play but get alot of schmmooze time with the seniors. I came home to find an E-mail from a club member that I have copied below. I watched the video on U-tube and boy did I have a good long cry. Her situation is different then mine as it is she who is dieing not the dog. I admire her so much for doing what she did . If you watch it do have a box of tissues as it is a story about true love of a dog that will touch your heart.

A woman named Lis' Kristoff does agility in Texas, in fact she
brought CPE to Texas. She got her doctors to let her out of the
hospital to run one last time with her dog. You all have to watch
this video, and make sure your tissue box is close by.

http://tinyurl.com/56vvpu (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
This is sad all the way around...could you adopt her dog? It might help both of you get thru a bad time!!

Old 04-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Katie, I do not know Lis and I am sure that someone that loves their dog as much as she must has already taken care of finding a home if need be.Who knows maybe she is married and the dog is not loosing a home but just her.

I also have to admit that a chinese crested would not be my choice of a dog I do have a second dog, Jazz so when Dash does die I will not be dogless and then will have to decide if I want bring a new dog into Jazz's life. She is 12 and very bonded to Dash so will no doubt grieve his loss and I am not sure adding a new dog would be the correct thing to do. She also has issues with other dogs so not just any dog will do. Both of our stories are sad but both are just a part of life. Someday we all will have to say good bye to our dog or they will have to say good bye to us as sad as it is it is just life.

I wanted to share her story as I am so touched by the fact that she is dieing but found it in herself to go run one last agility event with her dog. It just shows how strong that animal human bond can be and what a brave woman she is.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:10 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
Yep it was just a thought...lots to think about. I know when my friend was dying of cancer she had lots of animals she was always on the lookout for good homes for them. She cryed when 1 left but she would smile and say...well 1 less to worry about when I am gone! She was also around to help the animals adjust to the new homes...which I think helped her.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I face loosing one of my agility trained dogs, Dash to nasal cancer . Last night was very bitter sweet as he ran what maybe his last agility demo at a retirement home that is the same place he did his first demo many years ago.Our Club does it every year and the residents love it as do the dogs. They not only get to play but get alot of schmmooze time with the seniors. I came home to find an E-mail from a club member that I have copied below. I watched the video on U-tube and boy did I have a good long cry. Her situation is different then mine as it is she who is dieing not the dog. I admire her so much for doing what she did . If you watch it do have a box of tissues as it is a story about true love of a dog that will touch your heart.

A woman named Lis' Kristoff does agility in Texas, in fact she
brought CPE to Texas. She got her doctors to let her out of the
hospital to run one last time with her dog. You all have to watch
this video, and make sure your tissue box is close by.

YouTube - Inspiring Dog Video - Tribute to Lisa & Diva (http://tinyurl.com/56vvpu - broken link)

I just found this video is this little dog still needing a home? I lost my life love named Motor Man on 12 15 08 and am just now able to think about another crested. I want to adopt one that needs love let me know at [EMAIL="phoenixpharms@gmail.com"]phoenixpharms@gmail.com[/EMAIL] or 903 461 6044 god bless Hawk Reeves

Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Oh Dashdog, I am so sorry for you and Dash. It's so hard to let them go.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
How bittersweet....how nice however that you were able to have that bond for years. That will always be a special memory for you. And I'm sure it gave Dash many happy times too!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 PM

Thanks But I have not let Dash go yet and I wanted to point out that My post was over a year old and Dash is still with me as he is one tough old guy. He and Jazz were last on the agilty course last Dec. when I stopped by a club practice not planning to let them run but they whined so much and were so excited that I let them each have one last run. Now I will be training Dazzle to run agility and so they will not be upset they will stay home and not get to come watch him. Despite the cancer Dash still manages to have a good quality life for now but we do take it a day at a time.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
I didn't mean it to sound like he had gone - when I posted in the past tense I meant with regard to participating in agility..Sorry!

Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Sorry, I never noticed how old your post was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs