Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:46 AM

402 posts, read 1,016,112 times

Advertisements

I have had my dog for 13 years and he has been the best companion.

I love my dog because:

* He never yells at me
* He is always happy to see me...and so much more

Why do you love your dog?

What has he/she enriched your life?

What is he/she most intereting characteristic?

What is the funniest thing that he/she does?

Last edited by NYLifes2shrt; 04-01-2008 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Want to add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 02:48 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,410 times
I've had my black labrador since he was 8 weeks old. He's now 11 years old, but still acts like a young dog.

There are many reasons why I love my dog. We've been through a lot together, and there are many funny stories to tell. What I love most about him is his loyalty and his kindness to other humans and animals.

It's sad to say that I have noticed him physically slowing down a bit. My 5 year old son and 8 year old daughter have grown very attached to him, and I know that the day will come where we'll have to put him down.

Some of the funniest things that he does is retrieve my shoes one at a time and his leash. He can't stay out of the pool. (or any body of water). He catches tennis balls like a pro. He also jumps into my car when I open the door. If he sits next to me while I'm eating, he drools like if I opened up the faucet.

There will be no other like him.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,663,708 times
My dog I got when she was 8 weeks old also. She is always happy and doesn't like to be left behind. Loves to car ride and chase her squirrels and raccoons.

She has enriched my life because of her "happy go lucky" attitude. If we all just had that and not "sweat the small stuff" we'd all be better off. I can learn from this.

She too is getting older - 10+ years now and I see her graying and getting tired more easily. I really don't know what I'll do when she goes as she just has always been there cheering me up. I've had animals all my life and with each passing, I think what a loss. Ok.. I need to move on or I will start to blubber..

The funiest things I like to watch her do is chase deer. She is no bloodhound.. she usually runs the opposite way. Another thing she likes to do is slide/drag down on her butt down a hill. Too funny!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:19 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,433 times
I love my beagle mix, Tonka, for so many reasons. Chief among them would be that he is a good companion, sensitive to how I'm feeling, and a great workout buddy. He's an excellent hiking dog and having him helps keep me motivated to hit the trails.

We adopted Tonka from a beagle rescue in Virginia when he was around 2 years old. He is now approximately 8 years old and I can't imagine life without him. Even my mother mentioned the other day that he has become such a part of our family. Like the other posters with older dogs, I am noticing him slowing down a bit now too. His muzzle is gray and he's getting gray around his eyes. I will be a wreck when it is time for him to pass, but I hope that day is still years away.

As far as interesting characteristic... I think it might be his looks. He's a beagle mixed with coonhound (we think!). His saddle is black with two white splotches on it. He has blue ticking around his neck like a collar, and spots up and down all of his legs. He also has an enormous head with long, droopy, velvety ears that are very relaxing to pet.

I feel like every day he does something that makes us laugh. Just the other day there was a worker doing some work on our apartment building's gutters. Tonka's protective instinct kicked in and he jumped out the open window, taking the screen with him! The worker took off running - who expects a beagle to come flying out of a window?! Tonka was so surprised that he was outside off leash - he took one look at my husband and then jumped back through the window to get inside. Then he did his "beagle-dance-of-joy" and looked proud of himself! Thank goodness this was on the first floor.

Last edited by ctribucher; 04-01-2008 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: fix typo

Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
I have had my dog for 13 years and he has been the best companion.

I love my dog because:

* He never yells at me
* He is always happy to see me...and so much more

What has he/she enriched your life?

this is a nice post!

we love cody because he loves us. I've never been so loved by a dog!!! We saved him from the pound and he love us for it!
We have met many awesome people because of Cody, hes happy loving and funny. He got me out walking a few miles a day and playing in the backyard w/ me. He gives life a lighter feel.
He's so sweet that everyone melts around him. He will always look like a puppy. When you talk to him he opens his mouth like he's gonna say something ....he never does.
Everything he does is funny. He steals my pots when I plant and throws them into the air, like "fetch mom" and know my husband will ask for a trick when he gets home so Cody will go through all his tricks in hopes to get past the stunts and get some hugs from my husband.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
I love my dogs because they are just plain wonderful!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,525,776 times
My dogs are like family so love them no matter what when good or bad.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,755,487 times
I love my dog because during the worst year of my life, she managed to get me out of bed every morning, she made me smile even when I felt like there was nothing to smile about, she is always happy to see me, and she loves me unconditionally.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,021,288 times
I love parker and jazzy because they are my furbabies. they make me smile. they are always there. unconditional love from both of them. they love me because i love them and i love them because they love me.

i love to watch them play with each other. i love the way they "talk" to me. i love that parker lays on the floor to eat his dinner. i love that jazzy acts more like a tomboy than a little girl. slops up her water, food falls out of her mouth when she eats she's such a little boy. i love that parker hates to get his paws (or any other part of his body) wet.

unconditional love.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times
I love all of my dogs because they each bring something different to the table. Teddie sleeps with me and keeps me company all day long; even when I'm sick he doesn't leave my side. He's my space heater in the winter! Buster is my big lump of love. He's goofy and always has a smile on his face. Duncan knows just when to love on me and give me kisses. I think we have very similar personalities. We'd rather be with a few people or even one person than a whole group. We're not much for going out in a crowd of people. Mahalo is the lady of the house and keeps everyone in line. We'd fall apart without her. She's the perfect dog!

Teddie's would have to be either his snap tail or his big brown eyes.
Buster would have to be his whole personality; you either take it or leave it.
Duncan..his ears. They bob when he goes for walks! It's so cute!!
Mahalo has huge bat ears and cute little chubby legs, don't forget about those thunder thighs. She puts a smile one everyones face.

Teddie has the weirdest whine and he does it all day long even when he gets a bath.
Buster hops like a dear when he's up at the lake. We let him off leash and off into the woods he goes. It never gets old.
Duncan runs all day long and is never tired, until he comes into the house. Then he just falls on his side. As soon as you go for the back door though; he's back up and ready to go.
Mahalo waddles when she walks and usually looks like a body builder. She also talks, I think it's the Malamute in her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs