Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM

26,003 posts, read 22,192,881 times

Advertisements

We are staying in an RV park right now and I met a couple last night that were recently married. They were in their 70's and he had been a widow for 3 years and she, 17 years. She was telling me that before they got married, she told him that he had to get rid of his dog. She doesn't "do" dogs and would never want them inside! He gave the dog away to family in another state. So, I'm standing there with 2 60lb dogs that are in the tiny RV with the family. Well, given the choice between the man and my dog, well, you can guess since I have came here to post. I knew a younger guy years ago and he had an Old English Sheepdog and it was a wonderful dog and he had it for some years and the wife said "Me or the dog?" and he got rid of the dog and she divorced him shortly after. So, I think anyone that ever gets hooked up with me needs to realize that if they love me, they must love my dogs. I can maybe see making allowances for allergies but, "don't do dogs"? So, would you send your dogs to the farm with Grandma or to the grandkids in order to keep that significant other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,419,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We are staying in an RV park right now and I met a couple last night that were recently married. They were in their 70's and he had been a widow for 3 years and she, 17 years. She was telling me that before they got married, she told him that he had to get rid of his dog. She doesn't "do" dogs and would never want them inside! He gave the dog away to family in another state. So, I'm standing there with 2 60lb dogs that are in the tiny RV with the family. Well, given the choice between the man and my dog, well, you can guess since I have came here to post. I knew a younger guy years ago and he had an Old English Sheepdog and it was a wonderful dog and he had it for some years and the wife said "Me or the dog?" and he got rid of the dog and she divorced him shortly after. So, I think anyone that ever gets hooked up with me needs to realize that if they love me, they must love my dogs. I can maybe see making allowances for allergies but, "don't do dogs"? So, would you send your dogs to the farm with Grandma or to the grandkids in order to keep that significant other?
As far as I'm concerned, my dogs are a part of me. Anyone that made that sort of ultimatum to me would very quickly be shown the door. Asking me to give away even one of my dogs would be like asking me to amputate my arm - Nope - not happening!

Old 10-01-2012, 06:11 PM

5,096 posts, read 12,602,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
As far as I'm concerned, my dogs are a part of me. Anyone that made that sort of ultimatum to me would very quickly be shown the door. Asking me to give away even one of my dogs would be like asking me to amputate my arm - Nope - not happening!
I with ya Va-Cat. I would not give up my dogs for anyone we come as a package deal. Dogs have always been a part of my life and I would not want a life without them not for anyone.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
I think "love me, "love my dog" where my exact words.

Since our married that dog Coky has pass on.

We got two labs together....then three hounds.

We will be getting our fourth hound soon.

Looks like the joke was on me.....

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM

809 posts, read 2,190,229 times
Ain't no man, short of Christ, that will EVER come between me and my dog. That's goes for woman too. Ever. And anyone that tried would be looking for a butt beating, right out the door, for even suggesting such a thing.

A dog's love is unconditional..a person's, not so much.

IMO, any man that allows a woman come between he and and his dog is a fool.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,882,517 times
they dont have to LOVE my dog to love me...
i dont expect anyone to love my pets as much as i do...
but...
they do have to accept that my animals are a huge part of my life and if they give me the choice of them or my dog...well...no big loss when i show that person the door.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM

757 posts, read 1,330,424 times
To all non-pet owner who visit and like to complain about our pets...
1. They live here and you don't
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture (that's why it's called "fur"niture.
3. I like my pets better than most people.
4. To you it's an animal. To me he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

There is your answer from me.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,126,203 times
foxywench said it perfectly...I know my dogs can be overwhelming to some and it's okay if people aren't as enamored with them as I am...and that's okay...just don't ask me to choose. My dogs will win.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,827,756 times
One a-hole told me that if were to ever get married, I'd have to get rid of my dogs. to which I said, right after your get rid of your golf clubs. Judging by the look on his face, he didn't count on that. A-hole.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,119,496 times
No way would I ever give up my dog for a guy. Never ever. Max was here first!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs