Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,158,731 times

Advertisements

How can anybody do this? I don't understand the mentality.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 08:57 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,258,716 times
Smile Makes me cry

Everytime I see something like this....I love animals - dogs especially!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
How can anybody do this? I don't understand the mentality.

Our new outdoor kitten showed up a couple weeks ago and we decided to keep her. Her name is Snoozy Suze she is all black except for one timy spot on her chest and one big spot on her belly, both white and she has the most beautiful amber eyes. She is going to get spayed as soon as she is old enough and she is being integrated slowly into the house but before winter. We have to go a bit slow on that because we just got a kitten in October and she is the Queen of the house so she is taking a bit of time to get to know Snoozy Suze through the screen and closely supervised togetherness on our front porch. Snoozy will not be outside during the cold though but she will be indoor/outdoor, when it she comes in it will be on an enclosed porch.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:13 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,881,196 times
see...this is why me and people dont get along very well. how can anyone do that to an animal.

i look at dozer sprawled out by the front door making sure nthign can get in and still even now wonder what his people were thinking when they left him to die in the road at 3 weeks old...
i look over at my fishtank where 1/2 the fish were taken from an "im going to flush them" situation because "fish dont have feelings"
i look at the tiny 4 month old kitten sprawled across my lap, 1/2 the size she should be due to being taken form her momma too early not fed enough and then left with a "free" sign at a fleamarket with noone to even make sure she got a home before night fell...
and i just cant relate to these people...i cant relate to anyone that could take a creature who wants nothing more than to please and do this to them...

so disheartening!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,158,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
see...this is why me and people dont get along very well. how can anyone do that to an animal.

i look at dozer sprawled out by the front door making sure nthign can get in and still even now wonder what his people were thinking when they left him to die in the road at 3 weeks old...
i look over at my fishtank where 1/2 the fish were taken from an "im going to flush them" situation because "fish dont have feelings"
i look at the tiny 4 month old kitten sprawled across my lap, 1/2 the size she should be due to being taken form her momma too early not fed enough and then left with a "free" sign at a fleamarket with noone to even make sure she got a home before night fell...
and i just cant relate to these people...i cant relate to anyone that could take a creature who wants nothing more than to please and do this to them...

so disheartening!
please take a mighty chunk of solace knowing you help not only these animals in your home but owners on CD who depend on you for such good info and advice. You make a HUGE contribution. and I agree about people too.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,483,573 times
I have a tendency to think that a large chunk of society just doesn't care about other living things but then something will happen to show me that a large # do care.

Example: I'll see a stray hanging out on a certain street and I'll wonder why no one else is out trying to help, then as I approach the area where the stray is living I'll see a blanket, food water that someone has left for the dog. As I hang out longer, people whom I least expect to care emerge and say they too are trying to catch him/her and what can they do to help me in this mission.

Restores some of my faith in humanity.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 AM

30,318 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Almost every single pet I have now is the product of exactly what was written in that poster.

It's sickening that some people, (too many), view pets as objects and not living, breathing creatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs