Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,174,503 times

Advertisements

This is horrible! I woke up this morning, got my coffee, turn on the news and saw this! My husband and I have been wanting to move from Palm Coast within the next year, but after seeing this, I want to moved now! I would go crazy if anything happened to my babies! It's disgusting that people can be so close-minded, heartless and sick! Check out this story.. I was getting choked up watching it this morning!

News - newsjournalonline.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 06:55 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,173,290 times
This is just sick. I can't never understand people, we are worst creatures when it comes to brutality of "human" nature.

I agree with the lady:
"If somebody would do this to a dog, it is probably someone you don't want to approach on your own"

What happen to those "old" days where Eye for an Eye was a fair punishment? If something like this existed today, i don't think we would see much of crime towards people or animals.

You know what they say, beware of people who don't like dogs. I'll attent to that!!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:26 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
What happen to those "old" days where Eye for an Eye was a fair punishment?
Political correctness.
It wasnt the guys fault, his daddy hit him. He had a tough life and turned to drugs, really not his fault. There is no accountability with people anymore. For every brutal crime, there is an excuse as to why it is acceptable.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM

128 posts, read 272,096 times
thats nasty and aweful.. the person is sick and should go through everything and more than what he did to that dog... pathetic.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:02 AM

You know, I was thinking about this and his dogs must have been outside for them to have gone missing like that! First of all, it's way too hot for dog to be left outside in Florida! Today where I live (in Palm Coast FL) it's 101 degrees outside, but once you add in the humidity it feels like 108! Well, that's what the weather station says anyway.. lol! It feels more like 114 to me, that's what it was a few days ago! Also, "pit bulls" (APBTs, AmStaffs and Staffies) are NOT dogs for people that want an outside dog or for people that won't be home a lot! They get very attached to their owners very quickly and need to be inside with their family getting lots and lots of love and attention! If people would research a breed before getting it more people would know that! Now, I'm definitely not saying that this is the owners fault! He sounds like he was a good owner and he really, really loved his dogs, but if he wouldn't have had them outside this wouldn't have happened. I guess it really doesn't matter now because it's already done, but I just know I would never ever leave my dogs outside! I feel so bad for the owner(s) and my heart goes out to them! I can't even imagine having something like that happen to my babies! Not only was his pup taken from him and killed, it was tortured and dumped in the middle of the road! Oh, and his other dog is still missing! God only knows what that poor thing is going through as we speak, that is, if it's still alive! This is just so sad! Some people don't even deserve to live!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,166 times
This is so sick...He should be tortured like the dog was...Humanity has gone to **** nowadays...Excuse my words...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
This is horrible! I woke up this morning, got my coffee, turn on the news and saw this! My husband and I have been wanting to move from Palm Coast within the next year, but after seeing this, I want to moved now! I would go crazy if anything happened to my babies! It's disgusting that people can be so close-minded, heartless and sick! Check out this story.. I was getting choked up watching it this morning!

News - newsjournalonline.com (broken link)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!That person is sick- the poor dogs. People like that should be shot. They are capable of serial killing- Jeffrey Dahmer used to torture small animals as a child- these people are deranged.

sunny

Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM

255 posts, read 821,736 times
PBM, good point about not leaving your dogs outside. Call me cynical, but I would never provide the opportunity for someone to harass my dog (or cat) by leaving it outside. I've heard too many stories of kids throwing firecrackers at dogs or doing other horrible things, and there are clearly evil people out there.

As sunny mentioned, studies have shown that many sociopaths started their careers of abuse or murder with animals. People who are capable of hurting or killing a vulnerable, perhaps even friendly, family pet are despicable and sub-human, and simply have no place in a civilized society. We as a society obviously haven't figured out what to do with them, and my guess is that public stoning is out of the question for now.

Shame on those responsible for this act, and shame on society for not recognizing what serious implications this kind of crime has and failing to address it appropriately. In fact, I'll go so far as to say shame on the parents of these people for raising individuals capable of something so heinous. I don't believe that they never had an inkling that something wasn't wrong with their child, or that they didn't directly contribute to the sociopathy.

If these people want to mess with animals, put them in a ring with some wild animals, like tigers or grizzlies, and see what happens.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM

130 posts, read 527,670 times
First of all we cant even let out children play outside anymore, now we cant even leave our dogs alone or have to worry sick when they go missing! It shouldnt be like this. I cant help but burst into tears when I read this kinda stuff. I couldnt imagine any of my dogs being tortured like that. It makes me so sick I cant even picture someone doing somethign like that. Animals have feelings just like humans do and they are part of our family! I know this sounds terrible but if I ever catch anyone ever harming a dog like this I wont hesitate to blow there brains out. Sorry, but thats what they deserve. Forgive me God!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust07 View Post
PBM, good point about not leaving your dogs outside. Call me cynical, but I would never provide the opportunity for someone to harass my dog (or cat) by leaving it outside. I've heard too many stories of kids throwing firecrackers at dogs or doing other horrible things, and there are clearly evil people out there.

As sunny mentioned, studies have shown that many sociopaths started their careers of abuse or murder with animals. People who are capable of hurting or killing a vulnerable, perhaps even friendly, family pet are despicable and sub-human, and simply have no place in a civilized society. We as a society obviously haven't figured out what to do with them, and my guess is that public stoning is out of the question for now.

Shame on those responsible for this act, and shame on society for not recognizing what serious implications this kind of crime has and failing to address it appropriately. In fact, I'll go so far as to say shame on the parents of these people for raising individuals capable of something so heinous. I don't believe that they never had an inkling that something wasn't wrong with their child, or that they didn't directly contribute to the sociopathy.

If these people want to mess with animals, put them in a ring with some wild animals, like tigers or grizzlies, and see what happens.
Wonderful post! I agree with everything you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameeLynn25 View Post
First of all we cant even let out children play outside anymore, now we cant even leave our dogs alone or have to worry sick when they go missing! It shouldnt be like this. I cant help but burst into tears when I read this kinda stuff. I couldnt imagine any of my dogs being tortured like that. It makes me so sick I cant even picture someone doing somethign like that. Animals have feelings just like humans do and they are part of our family! I know this sounds terrible but if I ever catch anyone ever harming a dog like this I wont hesitate to blow there brains out. Sorry, but thats what they deserve. Forgive me God!
This world is getting worse and worse everyday! It's definitely a sick, scary place! And I have to say, I would do the same thing! If I saw someone hurting an animal I would go nuts! I went to the grocery store today and when I came out I heard a dog barking, so I put my bags in my car, got a pen and a piece of paper, my cell phone and started walking around the parking lot to find out what car the dog was in! I was going to write down the license plate number and call the police and animal services on the spot! As soon as I started walking around the dog quit barking and I couldn't find it.. I just hope it's okay! It was 103 degrees today where I live! Way, way, way, way too hot to have a dog in the car! People make me sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs