Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,175,635 times

Advertisements

Ohh! I didn't read all of this to start with, because I saw it on the news I assumed that the story I got on the internet said the same thing. I just went back and read the whole story and it said that the dog was in a crate inside the house, but the dog knew how to get out of the crate and open the back door. So, I guess it go out, ran off with the neighbors dog (a lab named Daisy) and then the neighbors dog was found okay and his dog was found dead! It also said.. "Donna Howard, animal control director, said abuse cases involving pit bulls have happened before. "Late last year, we had dead pits in the canal," Howard said, noting many look at the animals as "disposable."" I really, really, really want to move! I don't even want to take my dogs out for a walk now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 12:13 AM

130 posts, read 527,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Ohh! I didn't read all of this to start with, because I saw it on the news I assumed that the story I got on the internet said the same thing. I just went back and read the whole story and it said that the dog was in a crate inside the house, but the dog knew how to get out of the crate and open the back door. So, I guess it go out, ran off with the neighbors dog (a lab named Daisy) and then the neighbors dog was found okay and his dog was found dead! It also said.. "Donna Howard, animal control director, said abuse cases involving pit bulls have happened before. "Late last year, we had dead pits in the canal," Howard said, noting many look at the animals as "disposable."" I really, really, really want to move! I don't even want to take my dogs out for a walk now!
Thats understandable that you want to move. It must be miserable for your dogs there in the summer! Yikes. Just know these things are happening everywhere you go even in Mn. we dont hear about it as much but that sick stuff happens here as well. I am not sure where you guys plan on moving, maybe check out the neighborhoods to see if there are other dog owners in the area. I know certain breeds are looked down upon. I have 2 Rotweillers and some people see us walking and turn the other way fast. I cant help but laugh cause they are 2 of the nicest dogs who are harmless! I know pit bulls are loveable as well. People just dont understand its how all dogs are raised! Yes our dogs naturally have some more agression, but when properly trained they make excellent pets! I hope you guys find a nice "cooler" place where everyone is happier.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameeLynn25 View Post
Thats understandable that you want to move. It must be miserable for your dogs there in the summer! Yikes. Just know these things are happening everywhere you go even in Mn. we dont hear about it as much but that sick stuff happens here as well. I am not sure where you guys plan on moving, maybe check out the neighborhoods to see if there are other dog owners in the area. I know certain breeds are looked down upon. I have 2 Rotweillers and some people see us walking and turn the other way fast. I cant help but laugh cause they are 2 of the nicest dogs who are harmless! I know pit bulls are loveable as well. People just dont understand its how all dogs are raised! Yes our dogs naturally have some more agression, but when properly trained they make excellent pets! I hope you guys find a nice "cooler" place where everyone is happier.
Well, we are moving about 45 minutes north back home to Jacksonville FL. It won't be any cooler, but I will feel better about having my babies there! I grew up there and have lived there pretty much all of my life (except for the last few years that I have spent in Palm Coast ), I have many, many friends and family members that own so-called "dangerous" breeds and their insurance is a little higher than normal, but besides that, they haven't really had any problems because of the breeds they own. I know that there are people that don't like "pit bulls" everywhere, but because I'm from Jax and all of my friends and family are there, I just feel more comfortable and safe there, you know? I just can't wait to move! Oh, and as for the heat.. it's miserable, but we don't ever have our pups out when it's that hot! We let them out to go potty during the day when it's hot, but they are only outside a few minutes for that. We walk our dogs in the morning and at night when the sun isn't up so it's cooler and when we do walk them when it's hot, we wet them down with the water hose before their walk! lol! I love FL so I'll just have to deal with the heat I guess! lol! Oh, we take them to the beach a lot too, but we bring umbrellas for shade, bottled water in a cooler for the pups and they spend most of the time in the water playing.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:13 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,405,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
This is horrible! I woke up this morning, got my coffee, turn on the news and saw this! My husband and I have been wanting to move from Palm Coast within the next year, but after seeing this, I want to moved now! I would go crazy if anything happened to my babies! It's disgusting that people can be so close-minded, heartless and sick! Check out this story.. I was getting choked up watching it this morning!

News - newsjournalonline.com (broken link)
People are sick. I keep on eye on my babies at all times. You can never ever be too careful.

greenie

Old 08-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
People are sick. I keep on eye on my babies at all times. You can never ever be too careful.

greenie
I agree! We never ever have our dogs outside without being with us and on a leash, and when we go somewhere where we can't take them with us, we put them each in their own crates with a few toys and the TV on. APBTs are known to be escape artists and we know that our male, Brooklyn, can get the front and back doors open, so if we aren't home, they are in their crates! Even though our dogs are never outside without us and can't get outside when we aren't home, I'm still scared to death that something might happen to them because of this! I hate that we have to be so scared for our babies! It shouldn't be like this! Like I said in another post, I know that there are crazy people everywhere and people that don't like "pit bulls" everywhere, but I really can't wait to move out of Palm Coast! Our dogs are sweet hearts, they are big babies that just want love and attention! It breaks my heart that so many people don't like them simply because of their breed! If people would just give them a chance and get to know them, no one would hate them! Our pups are like our children and I can't even imagine our life without them in it! I don't know what I would do if something happened to them! I can't wait to move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs