Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,166 times

Advertisements

I've heard a lot of interesting things what people do for their dogs when it comes to spoiling them. Eating from plates, hand feeding etc., are only some examples. What do you do in order to spoil your dog? Or what's the craziest thing you've done when it comes to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,425 times
My babies get Frosty Paws ...not too often though...it can give them an upset tummy.

Both have had their teeth whitened...lol...actually, it was just a cleaning by the vet, but their teeth look so much whiter and brighter. Everyone asks!...lol

They also get a thorough bath once a week and a brush & massage daily along with lots of hugs & kisses!!

Just about every visit to the grocery store they would get a new toy...it got to the point where I started making their toys!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:02 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,174,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
I've heard a lot of interesting things what people do for their dogs when it comes to spoiling them. Eating from plates, hand feeding etc., are only some examples. What do you do in order to spoil your dog? Or what's the craziest thing you've done when it comes to that?
We try not to spoil them too much because we want them to know that they are dogs and we are the dominate ones.. you know? But, it's hard not to spoil them! I don't think we do anything really crazy.. They gets lots of treats. I either make their treats at home or we go buy cookies for them from our pet store. The cookies that we get them are all natural with chocolate chips (doggy safe chocolate) and peanut butter chunks and they LOVE them! These cookies are made fresh and you fill up a bag and pay by the pound.. they look and smell soooo good! lol! They look like people cookies! They get three nice long walks everyday, they go to the beach with us once or twice a week at least to go for a walk, if not to play in the water all day! We take them to the dog park whenever we can and we take them over to friends and family members houses to play with other people and pets. Also, I'm a stay at home wife and pit parent so, they are with me all day everyday! They get sooo much love and attention! Our friends and family (who are all dog lovers and owners) tell us that we take it over bored! They say that most humans don't get as much love and attention as our dogs do! They have a million toys! We will take them to the pet store and let them pick out toys for themselves.. lol! And of course, the normal stuff.. they eat a very good quality food, always have fresh water, they get their baths, they go to the vet, they get their heart worm, flea and tick stuff, etc. Oh, and they only drink filtered water! A lot of people think that's stupid, but Florida isn't exactly known for having great tap water! We won't drink the tap water so, we won't give it to our dogs! Just like with their food.. We would never feed them any of those dog foods that are loaded with by-products, animal digest, corn, artificial colors, flavors, etc. They eat a good quality food with no artificial crap in it.. it's made with all fresh, wonderful quality ingredients. Anyway, like I said to start with, I don't think we really do anything crazy, but our dogs are definitely well loved, well taken care of and very happy and healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
My babies get Frosty Paws ...not too often though...it can give them an upset tummy.

Both have had their teeth whitened...lol...actually, it was just a cleaning by the vet, but their teeth look so much whiter and brighter. Everyone asks!...lol

They also get a thorough bath once a week and a brush & massage daily along with lots of hugs & kisses!!

Just about every visit to the grocery store they would get a new toy...it got to the point where I started making their toys!
I don't think I have ever heard of or seen frosty paws treats?? We need to get that for our pups! Abby and Lady Layla get a daily massage?! Talk about spoiled.. they have to love that! How do you massage them? They hold still for it?? I have never massaged my dogs, but the husband gets a massage every day before bed! He's definitely spoiled!

Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 AM

13,929 posts, read 39,310,687 times
Mine sleeps with me even when she was having her heat cycles & when she was spayed earlier this month. I would pick her up on the bed at nite & put her on the floor in the morning. The only ice cream in the house is van. [if I want cho I add syrup]. Every time I go to the store she gets a toy or chewy. When she wants to play she gives me a toy to toss or tug...which I do until my arms feels like they are falling off. She has me trained to her barks for fixing her hamburgers, etc. Or turning on her shows...na she's not spoiled!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:24 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Mine get frosty paws (original flavor). They sleep on a full sized real bed at night. On occassion I give them raw food as special treats. At christmas time there are more gifts under the tree for my fur babies then my dh and me. Oh and there human grandma (my MIL) gives them a present every christmas and my parents save the big bone from christmas dinner for them.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,166 times
I don't think I've ever heard of Frosty paws ether ( we need to check them out ) Our puppies get doggie cookies ( I never tried to make them myself, but that's a good idea PBM ). These cookies are so good ( me and my husband had a bet, and once we tried one - I know, sounds disgusting, but they were good.. They have a lots of toys, but when it comes to balls, PORTIA DESTROYS THEM all the time. I usually play with them around two hours every day...They also get quality food, two - three long walks a day ( they have a huge yard btw ), and we take them with us to the nearby lake every weekend...Portia goes crazy when she sees water.I haven't done anything "crazy" for them myself, but like all of your doggies, they get so much love and attention!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Abby and Lady Layla get a daily massage?! Talk about spoiled.. they have to love that! How do you massage them? They hold still for it?? I have never massaged my dogs, but the husband gets a massage every day before bed! He's definitely spoiled!

I do it while they are laying down...though not completely asleep.
Abbers has cancer and I can tell a massage makes her feel better ...and Lady is such a big baby...she loves any kind of touch.
Here's just one article on massaging your dog. It was written by Kimberley Schreyer...Dog Massage Techniques (broken link)

Last edited by citybythebay; 07-25-2007 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Gave credits to author...

Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 AM

872 posts, read 3,585,830 times
I give my dog one of those cow bones you see in the grocery store. When she was a puppy she started to show signs of food agression, lets just say she doesn't do that any more And yes, I know it's bad , I let her lick the plate at the end.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 PM

512 posts, read 1,565,202 times
Both girls sleep with us and yes it's a big bed
Attached Thumbnails
Spoiled-003.jpg  

Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,067,439 times
Hm... when I was growing up, my sister would sometimes bring one of our mousers indoors and let the cat wander around the house. I think she let one stay in her room overnight on occasion as well.

Our dogs were given any edible leftovers and bones from supper. The cats could sometimes dive in and snag a scrap or two if they were quick.

Oh, and they all got kitty treats and rawhide bones--depending on species--at Christmas.

Extravagant, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs