Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 07:27 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,300,362 times

Advertisements

Low body weight can put you at risk for osteoporosis. My BMI was hovering just under 19 and I had a bone density scan done last year. My spine was in great shape but I had some osteopenia (precursor to osteoporosis) in both hips. That's one data point, I know. Medicare pays for bone density test only every 2 years so we'll see what the next one shows. BMI now at about 19.3 and I don't want to gain any more weight, so I hope the results are at least stable. I was already taking calcium supplements but added magnesium.

Edited to add: anything that can cause you to lose weight involuntarily- an extended illness, chemo, etc. is probably more dangerous since you don't have a lot of stored body fat. I'm also prone to hypothermia and have learned to towel off and put on a jacket very quickly if I've been swimming in colder water or am coming out into cooler air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 11:33 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,313,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The new one was delivered by Amazon today!
Hope you didn't buy the extended warranty. Failure to function due to stomping isn't covered.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:26 PM

20,548 posts, read 17,872,102 times
There is no negative to a healthy weight loss. Your skin and muscle will look better as fats disappear and your skin will clear up and looking more shinier. Your energy gains will be off the charts compare to drinking coffee every morning.

People who did not lose weight properly such as drug addicts will lose bone density and brain health. You brain will be foggier, vision will be worse, lose breath easier, and get injured easily with a fall or bruise.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:50 PM

11,495 posts, read 27,011,030 times
I lost a large amount of weight five years ago and I felt great for a short while, then I started having allergic reactions to almost everything. I got to the point where everything I ate passed through undigested, I was vomiting after most meals, and then I started having anaphylactic reactions. It took a while to figure out what was wrong with me, and during that time I gained back almost all the weight I had lost, despite being barely able to eat. I've read a study that showed that some people who have weight loss surgery can develop the condition I developed. I didn't have weight loss surgery, but I think it's more about the major weight loss than the method of weight loss.

Now that I have a diagnosis and I've been on meds for it for a while, I'm losing some of the weight I had regained, even though I'm not counting calories, can't eat vegetables and can't exercise.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:59 AM

89,077 posts, read 85,693,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Hope you didn't buy the extended warranty. Failure to function due to stomping isn't covered.
Lmao.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I lost a large amount of weight five years ago and I felt great for a short while, then I started having allergic reactions to almost everything. I got to the point where everything I ate passed through undigested, I was vomiting after most meals, and then I started having anaphylactic reactions. It took a while to figure out what was wrong with me, and during that time I gained back almost all the weight I had lost, despite being barely able to eat. I've read a study that showed that some people who have weight loss surgery can develop the condition I developed. I didn't have weight loss surgery, but I think it's more about the major weight loss than the method of weight loss.

Now that I have a diagnosis and I've been on meds for it for a while, I'm losing some of the weight I had regained, even though I'm not counting calories, can't eat vegetables and can't exercise.
That's scary. I hope you regain your health.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I've never stomped one before and likely won't again.

The new one is quite nice.

As of today, I am down 15 pounds since March 7, when I began. Continuing on.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:33 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,313,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
As of today, I am down 15 pounds since March 7, when I began. Continuing on.
That's really good!
I wouldn't stomp the scale if I lost 15 lbs in two months. I'd hug it.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
That's really good!
I wouldn't stomp the scale if I lost 15 lbs in two months. I'd hug it.
LOL. I love my new one. No, the problem was its inconsistency and numbers jumping around. I think it had just gotten worn out from my fat ass stepping on it too many times over the years.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:34 AM

22 posts, read 31,956 times
There are no side effects, but it should be a lifestyle. If initially you will force yourself, sooner or later you will get tired of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss