Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 05:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times

Advertisements

Herbalife is a pyramid scheme,can get pricey and do little for weight loss as its all about selling the scheme to others,id think your wife would do better to join weight watchers or the local YMCA.=
Herbalife Scam: Let’s Review The Claims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 12:47 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,203 times
As long as you pay cash you lose some weight

Old 06-16-2017, 10:36 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,451 times
You can buy herbalife online through ebay for super cheap. No it's not "fake". I purchased online and received the product in herbalife box, through the distribution warehouse "had return address", product was sealed with good expiration date.

The only reason why I tried it was some guy at work was selling for like $300 dollars. I bought two containers of the chocolate chip for like $70 shipped. He was mad at me for buying through online, saying it was fake, etc. When I showed him the product, he was like "well, hope it works for you man".

That's the price the guy gets it for with his membership but he marks up the price to all of his "friends".

Old 06-18-2017, 01:43 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
I was a distributor for Herbalife when it first came to Utah....early 80's. Made a lot of money with their royalty checks etc. I mainly did it to get the products at a discount as they are expensive, and I sold it and made money too. It's your typical Multi level company. I am not saying the product is bad but you will not keep the weight off just doing this. The one product herbalife had was NRG.... Stay away from that. Straight caffeine...not good for the body. I did some weird stuff when I was taking those. Best thing is calories in and out, exercise, stay away from sugars, breads etc....like everyone else on here has said. That is the only way to get the weight off and keep it off. good luck!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:10 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Okay, so I think it's a BS product and a massive MLM scheme.

My wife got sucked into paying grandiose amounts of money for shakes in an effort to "lose weight."

Tell me what you know about this stuff, good and bad...
The bad is that she may lose weight but odds are slim that she will keep it off. I never used Herbalife but I did a couple other shake plans and all sorts of pills and bars and crap. I took it off every time but it also returned every time because I didn't learn sensible everyday eating.

Another bad, it's expensive. But you already knew that.

Long term success for most of us requires us to eat real food. Eliminate all sugar. Eliminate highly refined carbs. Eat beans or whole cooked grains like barley or faro for your carbs. Eat plenty of non-starchy vegetables. Have some fat like olive oil or avocado oil on your steamed veggies or have nuts for snacks. And get plenty of protein.

Have a treat meal a couple times a month timed to coincide with a social occasion where you know there will be food. Include a dessert in that meal if you wish. Eat moderate serving sizes for the treat meal and for the rest of your meals too. Learn to stop when you're satisfied, which occurs well before you're full.

That's it. Took off 150 lbs after being obese since 3rd grade and kept it off for about 15 years now. It works.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:42 AM

983 posts, read 1,180,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
The bad is that she may lose weight but odds are slim that she will keep it off. I never used Herbalife but I did a couple other shake plans and all sorts of pills and bars and crap. I took it off every time but it also returned every time because I didn't learn sensible everyday eating.

Another bad, it's expensive. But you already knew that.

Long term success for most of us requires us to eat real food. Eliminate all sugar. Eliminate highly refined carbs. Eat beans or whole cooked grains like barley or faro for your carbs. Eat plenty of non-starchy vegetables. Have some fat like olive oil or avocado oil on your steamed veggies or have nuts for snacks. And get plenty of protein.

Have a treat meal a couple times a month timed to coincide with a social occasion where you know there will be food. Include a dessert in that meal if you wish. Eat moderate serving sizes for the treat meal and for the rest of your meals too. Learn to stop when you're satisfied, which occurs well before you're full.

That's it. Took off 150 lbs after being obese since 3rd grade and kept it off for about 15 years now. It works.
Lilly has it figured out !

Old 06-20-2017, 09:32 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
I've never relied on shakes and bars for weight loss/management because I knew the likelihood of regaining the weight was high.

Since I'm not one of those people who will give up sugar or bread, I learned the art of eating in moderation. I eat less of everything. I drink nothing but water or Sparkling Ice. I exercise regularly. I eat lots of veggies and grains, with daily treats.

There's no magic pill, quick fix. It took me 10 months to lose the 60 lbs (at 67 lbs now) but I'm not even worried about regain because my mentality now is different. I'm probably going to gain a good 10 lbs on vacation, and when I return I'll work on taking it off.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:59 AM

983 posts, read 1,180,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've never relied on shakes and bars for weight loss/management because I knew the likelihood of regaining the weight was high.

Since I'm not one of those people who will give up sugar or bread, I learned the art of eating in moderation. I eat less of everything. I drink nothing but water or Sparkling Ice. I exercise regularly. I eat lots of veggies and grains, with daily treats.

There's no magic pill, quick fix. It took me 10 months to lose the 60 lbs (at 67 lbs now) but I'm not even worried about regain because my mentality now is different. I'm probably going to gain a good 10 lbs on vacation, and when I return I'll work on taking it off.
Cheater weeks while on vacation add temporary 'non fat' weight on I think

I recently went on a golf vacation to Scottsdale with my buddies and I gained 7 lbs in 6 days ( eating whatever I wanted and drinking a lot off beers and mixed drinks )

I lost all 7lbs in less than about 7-8 days after my return. No problem whatsoever

Simply reverted back to my pre-trip diet / eating plan and all 7lbs - POOF disappeared quickly

Old 06-20-2017, 10:34 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post

I recently went on a golf vacation to Scottsdale with my buddies and I gained 7 lbs in 6 days ( eating whatever I wanted and drinking a lot off beers and mixed drinks )

I lost all 7lbs in less than about 7-8 days after my return. No problem whatsoever

Simply reverted back to my pre-trip diet / eating plan and all 7lbs - POOF disappeared quickly
I agree. Even as a woman over 50 I find this to be true.

The problem comes when you let the weight stay on too long, it becomes permanent. If I spend a couple weeks in January taking off the holiday pounds and keep them off through February, I'm fine. I can go back to having treats every week and maintain my lower weight without too much struggle.

If I eat right for a week in January and see 3 or 4 pounds easily drop off and take that as a sign I can go back to finishing off the holiday goodies for another couple weeks, then that weight becomes "real" weight and is very stubborn to take off at my age. There have been times after I let the weight stay on for 6 weeks or more, when I can eat right and exercise for 3 or 4 weeks and I don't lose a pound. I've learned I can't let the weight stay up for more than a couple weeks.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:48 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post

Yeah. That's how it was when i went to the Gulf Coast, I gained 13 lbs in one week. Pretty easy to do since I didn't work out and I ate out multiple times per day for many days in a row. Sometimes you need a break from the same ol' same ol', that's why vacations are fun. But definitely, i returned to working out and my normal eating patterns and i lost all 13 pounds and was back to normal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss