Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times

Advertisements

I had been on a steady weight loss about 1 lb a week but I hit a wall, and it looks like fruit might be the issue. I had been eating lot of fruit like banana's, grapes, strawberry. Last week I stopped eating fruit and just stuck to lean grilled chicken, and greens my started to lose weight again. Over the weekend I had a few banana's again and today also now my weight jumped a 2 lbs. Fruit had been a way for me to replace sugary things but now looks like ill have to cut way back on that too so I can hit my goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 05:17 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,375,749 times
Bananas are high in calories. Stick to berries or just a half of banana and no more than two servings per day.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:29 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
There are too many carbs in fruit for me. After 2 months of low carb dieting, I have only started eating a few berries or a small amount of melon once a week or so. I think of fruit as a healthy thing to eat (no juices), but they can only play a teeny part in a low sugar diet.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:35 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
I would not be able to lose weight if I was having anything other than an apple
or berries...and sometimes not everyday, either.

My thing: If I give my body something easy to burn...it will...if I don't
it will use up my fat stores.
(I think of this whenever I am moving my hand to my mouth with food in it.
It helps when I remember, "I'll just have to burn this now, before any fat!"

Another funny thing I say to myself, "Would a model be eating this?" No.

I'm also lazy going into my exercise room, yup a whole room, with a TV and
DVD player to get me in there!

So I have weights in my bedroom for arm work and I so often now do many
leg lifts and 'air biking' while still watching Good Morn America...right now
my ab muscles feel it!

So, hope you are 'moving'.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,918,888 times
I love fruit but I can't lose weight when I eat it. You are not alone.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 AM

Thanks sounds like I need to cut way back on those or work out lot harder. It's amazing how adaptable our body's are to our environment reality we could actually live off a small amount of food a day.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Thanks sounds like I need to cut way back on those or work out lot harder. It's amazing how adaptable our body's are to our environment reality we could actually live off a small amount of food a day.
Cut back on the fruit. Fruit = sugar.

For me, I'll have maybe half a grapefruit or a Cutie as part of my breakfast. Or, if Im having a protein shake, I'll put half a banana and 1 strawberry OR 6 blueberries (along with kale, spinach, brussell sprouts, etc.).

That is about it for my fruit intake for the day. I just really focus on keeping all sugars to a minimum. Been doing this for years quite successfully.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:54 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
Cantaloupe or berries would be a better choice than a banana or grapes. Some berries with a little bit of whipped cream can seem like a very decadent dessert when you're not eating any other sweets.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:33 PM

564 posts, read 1,040,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Cantaloupe or berries would be a better choice than a banana or grapes. Some berries with a little bit of whipped cream can seem like a very decadent dessert when you're not eating any other sweets.
Try a handful of frozen blueberries on a couple scoops of Greek yogurt (2% plain). Or at the least, use real whipped cream (such as from 35% whole milk fat) and not the stuff that comes in an aerosol can.

But the best thing to do is avoid fruit. If you stop eating sugary things, you will lose sugary cravings.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM

I think with my high AIC 6.1 I was diagnosed pre-diabetic my body has a tough time dealing with high fructose. I got back at my 6th month checkup and if AIC is still over 6 ill get metformin the doctors said that probably will help me lose more weight, but I hope I don't need it. It's only been about 100 days since I started i'm down 25 lbs so far maybe I just need to be more patent. Thanks for the tips glad I'm not the only one. Seemed like everyone was telling me I could eat all the fruit I want maybe looks good on paper like I thought real life different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss