Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 AM

525 posts, read 763,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumina View Post
Why would I not like what it says? It doesn't say anything I don't already know and have accepted. Accepting that it would be harder for me to lose weight and that my body would fight me every step of the way has led me to have a much healthier relationship with food and with my body.

You're taking a very broad point and running with it to the point that it becomes a lie.

Emailing someone once does not mean you are 'in contact' with them, fyi.

WE TALK ABOUT THIS . WE ARE IN CONTACT.

IT IS YOU who are IGNORANT and do not understand this.

HE IS SAYING WE HAVE EXTREMELY LIMITED ABILITY TO AFFCT OUR WEIGHT- THIS INCLUDES EVERYBODY- LEAN OR OBESE.

GENES DETERIMINE YOUR SIZE.

ALL WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO IS STAY ABOUT 5 TO 10 POUNDS LIGHTER OVER THE VERY LONG TERM. THAT'S IT. BEYOND THAT THE BODY IS REGULATING OUR WEIGHT

ALL OBESITY SCIENTISTS REALIE BODY WEIGHT IS INVOLUNTARILY REGULATED. BODY WEIGHT IS NOT UNDER CONSCIOUS CONTROL.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,852,501 times
"GENES DETERIMINE YOUR SIZE."

So you are saying that in one generation, and mostly only in the US, and in more places in the US than others; humans have had a change in genetics to create records level of obesity?

If so, that is one heck of an evolutionary leap, and counters all science regarding evolution.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

So you are saying that in one generation, and mostly only in the US, and in more places in the US than others; humans have had a change in genetics to create records level of obesity?

If so, that is one heck of an evolutionary leap, and counters all science regarding evolution.

WRONG. IT IS YOU WHO DO NOT UDNERSTAND NATURAL SELECTION.

THE GENES CAN CHANGE IN A SINGLE GENERATION. People who claim otherweise are OUTRIGHT WRONG. DR. JEFFREYU FRIEDMAN WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE HTIS POINT.

AND NO, IT IS NOT ONLY IN THE U.S. OBESITY IS INCREASING ON REMOTE ISLANDS.

I POSTED A VIDEO ABOUT THIS BEFORE. LISTEN CAREFULLY 4: 40 MARK AND ON THIS MAN IS A TOP GENETICIST

Sokol Science Lecture Series 2012 Dr Jeffrey M Friedman Part 03 - YouTube

Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

There is no massive increase.

7 pounds moe today than in 1990

WATCH DR. FRIEDMAN'S LECTURES. I AM TIRED OF TYPING THIS OVER AND OVER AND TYPING THE SAME POINTS.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM

277 posts, read 519,732 times
RickSantos: Has this doctor studied anything about all the meds that us seniors are taking which increase our weight? I didn't believe this until I had to start taking a few .. and no matter what I did I gained ... and I had been 'normal' weight most of my life (in fact skinny at one point) ..

Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,991,950 times
You should be "in contact" with someone that can teach you how to spell and communicate effectively...

Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfangoingwest View Post
you should be "in contact" with someone that can teach you how to spell and communicate effectively...

i am tired of typing this over and over . I get sloppy with my typing.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceg0720 View Post
RickSantos: Has this doctor studied anything about all the meds that us seniors are taking which increase our weight? I didn't believe this until I had to start taking a few .. and no matter what I did I gained ... and I had been 'normal' weight most of my life (in fact skinny at one point) ..

Hi ceg

Good question.

Yes , Dr. Friedman ( as well as the others I mentioned e.g. Dr. Liebel, Dr. Rosenbaum) is aware that medicines certainly can affect body weight. It is in the question segment in some of his lectures.

You may want to message Dr. Stephan Guyenet on this. He is a young upstart.

Urgelt of YouTube is aware of this too. You may want to stop by his obesity video and read the comments or message him. He sympathizes with this situation as he too gained due to his medications.

Many medications can affect fat cell bahavior and cause weight gain despite no difference otherwise.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,833,818 times
Please do not feed the troll Rick Santos. Put him on ignore and save yourself arguing with a crazy person.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,832,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Please do not feed the troll Rick Santos. Put him on ignore and save yourself arguing with a crazy person.
I wish the powers that be would address the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss