Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 11:39 AM

6,089 posts, read 3,330,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
I have never in my life been an anti-vaxxer, but I stopped believing the so-called experts when it was shown how much they lied during the COVID pandemic. It did nothing but convince me that everything they say has a social engineering agenda behind it.

As for diabetes... In my experience, people that are overweight and consume ridiculous amounts of soda and candy generally all end up diabetic as a result. Maybe you think that is a coincidence. I don't.
I agree with your post here. I no longer have complete trust in institutions such as the CDC and USDA.

An example is that the USDA recommended carbohydrate intake can be as high as 325 grams daily. That is absolutely outrageous. I easily keep it below 100 grams per day and I feel so much better than I used to do.

The proof is your own body. Trust how you feel.

As far as red meat, I think it’s a fair assumption that processed meat with nitrates is a carcinogen. I limit those and eat them very rarely, if at all. I also agree that you shouldn’t eat red meat every single day. I probably eat red meat about 3 times per week, and I try to ensure it is always grass fed.

Moderation and variety is probably the key. If you eat a grain fed steak each and every night, yes, you might run into problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2023, 04:37 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,203,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
. . .
Congrats on being the rarity who can eat whatever you want without having any negative consequences, I guess?
That wasn't what I meant. Just all bodies don't work the same even given the same input. Genetics, luck, etc all play into it.

I have plenty of problems that I "shouldn't have" - they don't run in the family or I don't do the thing that "causes" the problem and yet bang here it is. And the doctor just shrugs. . .

Even my doctors don't agree with each other. . .

Old 10-25-2023, 06:15 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I vote "agenda". We know about the war against "meat" in general. How many times have we heard that a food was bad for you, people stop eating it. Next, I hear they changed their minds.

I tried to eat soy, and got really sick. It was supposed to be good for me. My stomach and intestines said "NO!"

I have farmers in my family, and they EAT meat. Both sides of my family, and none got diabetes.

All of these ills are a combination of environment, genetics, eating habits, exercise habits..............or maybe just "luck of the draw".

Old 10-26-2023, 06:12 AM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
I refuse to turn off my add-blocker, so can't access the article stated...I'm guessing they found self-reported meat eating habits had a very small, positive correlation with the dx of "diabetes."...I'm also guessing that they convniently ignore the large positve correlation of meat eating with economic status as well as excess eating, thus missing the real problem-- diabetes vs calorie intake..and, AnywhereElse is right-- political agenda is behind it. ...

I also suspect their population selection was biased. It's well established that poorer segments of the population eat more junk food/less meat and have higher rates of diabetes....If your study population is limited to 17th century British seamen just retuning from a two year voyage, you're bound to be mislead to thinking scurvy is very common.

As I recently posted in the thread on beef-- meat (red or otherwise) is nutrient dense. The ratio of nutrients to calorie content is much, much higher for meat than for plant source food, and meat eating should be the basic center of emphasis where total calorie count is important for control of BS.

Old 10-26-2023, 09:10 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,203,545 times
Soy is not great if you are hypothyroid either. . . and plants are not benign. . . I'm allergic to a ton of them actually . . . but they are sprayed with too many pesticides . . or engineered . . .

Bottom line is there is not one magic answer no matter how many headlines they want to blast at us.

I just do the best I can manage within the limits of my budget and non-interest in cooking and don't worry too much about it.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:27 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I am suddenly seeing so much "science" about how nightmarishly-bad red-meat
is for humans.

I just have to assume this red-meat-horrible push is more to do with
agenda-driven nutritional-science, and the big push to tout the
wonders of veganism, as opposed to red-meat actually being bad for you.

What a disservice, seeing that iron-deficient-anemia is the most common nutritional-deficiency
in the world. The heme-iron from red-meat is much more bioavailable compared to
non-heme-iron that comes mainly from plant-based foods.

Old 12-28-2023, 02:35 PM

170 posts, read 74,050 times
Poor people do not get enough protein,meat is expensive.
Instead they fill their stomach with assorted carbos-rice,pasta,dumpling,potato,bread.
Red meat is good,it has iron.
Pork has niacin,it makes you smart.
Once Wendy Deng was invited to a vegan lunch in NYC hosted by a socialite,she wryly commented when she was growing up in China,she prays she will get to eat meat that day!

Old 12-28-2023, 03:10 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times
I am skeptical of this. Who sponsored the research on this?

They claim if you eat red meat two times or more a week you are 62% more likely to get type 2 diabetes.
I wonder if they consider that a lot of people will eat at fast food burger joints (counts as red meat) and "super-size" the meal so they are also eating a bunch of fries and probably a regular (sugar) Coke. Is it the meat or is it the carbs?

Old 12-28-2023, 04:10 PM

170 posts, read 74,050 times
It is all the trash which come with meat,the bun,the shake,the apple turnover,the french fries.the ketchup,mustard,pickles.

Old 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM

813 posts, read 441,413 times
This came from Harvard you say. I'll bet it was plagiarized from another schools study.

And last night I grilled filet mignon's for the wife and I. No diabetes here.

Tasted damn good though, I'll tell you that!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes