Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2023, 12:36 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times

Advertisements

I got the Libre3 57 days ago and can't say enough good things about it.

I had my first check up yesterday and got my blood results a few minutes ago. According to my Libre 3 my average BG is 134mg/dl over the last 57 days. According to my blood work my A1c is 6.1 so that seems pretty close to me.

If you have a CGM how close was your blood work to your CGM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 11:58 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,009 times
The average over the medium/longer term has been pretty close, like yours. My endo said that I should do a manual reading when the CGM rings the low sugar alarm. The CGM also shows a picture of a drop of blood in such cases. When the CGM was saying 69, the manual reading was 85, so there can be a difference for one-time readings.

Old 03-19-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
The average over the medium/longer term has been pretty close, like yours. My endo said that I should do a manual reading when the CGM rings the low sugar alarm. The CGM also shows a picture of a drop of blood in such cases. When the CGM was saying 69, the manual reading was 85, so there can be a difference for one-time readings.
With the accepted accuracy of the CGM and the finger stabbing both of those numbers could be correct. The CGM I use says it can be inaccurate for the first 12 hours and has a display showing to do a finger stick as a backup till after the 12 hour period is up.

Thank you for the reply.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:04 PM

Yesterday was my second blood work since I got the Libre 3 nine months ago. Blood work came back as a A1c of 6.6 and the Libre 3 shows the exact same 6.6 so I am very happy with it.

I have friends that have had many of the other CGMs including other Libre products and they all seem to have problems of some sort. Mainly them falling off. I have had zero problems other than one time hitting a vein and having to apply another sensor.

Old 09-20-2023, 09:58 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Yesterday was my second blood work since I got the Libre 3 nine months ago. Blood work came back as a A1c of 6.6 and the Libre 3 shows the exact same 6.6 so I am very happy with it.

I have friends that have had many of the other CGMs including other Libre products and they all seem to have problems of some sort. Mainly them falling off. I have had zero problems other than one time hitting a vein and having to apply another sensor.
Glad to hear it’s worked so well for you. I still am leery from using them when they first came out. It does seem though that they have gotten better the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes