Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 05:44 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times

Advertisements

You tube shows some exercise for diabetic feet,I dont know if it helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2023, 07:18 AM

922 posts, read 790,574 times
I also have bad neuropathy in my feet. I take Gabapentin (Nuerontin) and Oxycodone, which help with other pain but doesn't touch the neuropathy. When I go to bed it feels like I have thick wool socks on. Instead of having a lack of feeling, my feet are hyper sensitive to touch.

I also have venous insufficiency so my feet and ankles swell a lot. That on top of the neuropathy make my feet file some some sort of foreign object stuck onto my legs.

Old 07-23-2023, 11:57 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I also have bad neuropathy in my feet. I take Gabapentin (Nuerontin) and Oxycodone, which help with other pain but doesn't touch the neuropathy. When I go to bed it feels like I have thick wool socks on. Instead of having a lack of feeling, my feet are hyper sensitive to touch.

I also have venous insufficiency so my feet and ankles swell a lot. That on top of the neuropathy make my feet file some some sort of foreign object stuck onto my legs.
Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600mg a day.

Old 07-23-2023, 12:45 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
You tube shows some exercise for diabetic feet,I dont know if it helps
i run 3-1/2 miles every other day religiously..it does nothing to help ..the doctor did a sound test last month and i do have excellent circulation up to my feet

Old 07-23-2023, 02:21 PM

11,407 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
OP, you can also try a supplement called Alpha Lipoic Acid. Many, many people have used it safely to help with neuropathy. It can't hurt, and it might help.
Any side effects?

Long term safety?

Old 07-23-2023, 07:52 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Any side effects?

Long term safety?
I have not had any side effects. I have taken it daily for several years now, and have not had any side effects that I am aware of. We are all different, it definitely helps a lot of us, some it does nothing for. Just like some other supplements that help people with no effects but for me causes gastric distress etc.

I honestly do believe in ALA, though. It gets recommended a lot, and also (supposedly) helps delay other complications from high blood glucose.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:18 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
here's something i recently stumbled onto. havent taken the time to really dig into it - but it is available as a supplement

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30221655/

Ursolic acid alleviates inflammation and against diabetes‑induced nephropathy through TLR4‑mediated inflammatory pathway

Old 11-14-2023, 07:16 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Any side effects?

Long term safety?
Since I got off Meds I use ALA once every month or two. I find if I take it(600mg) a half hour before a high carb meal it keeps my BG from going crazy high. For me it works amazingly well for my once every month or two trip to the Asian buffet. I found if i use it regularly it quits helping my BG when I eat high carb meals.

So if you are on meds you might want to be careful so you don't go low until you get used to taking them.

Have never heard of it helping neuropathy. I might have to try it as my feet hurt all the time. Been especially bad the last few days.

Old 02-10-2024, 10:16 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Since I got off Meds I use ALA once every month or two. I find if I take it(600mg) a half hour before a high carb meal it keeps my BG from going crazy high. For me it works amazingly well for my once every month or two trip to the Asian buffet. I found if i use it regularly it quits helping my BG when I eat high carb meals.

So if you are on meds you might want to be careful so you don't go low until you get used to taking them.

Have never heard of it helping neuropathy. I might have to try it as my feet hurt all the time. Been especially bad the last few days.
My foot pain comes and goes. Luckily it only comes a few times a year. I tried the ALA a couple times and it does absolutely nothing for the foot pain.

The foot pain came back a couple days ago. I tried rubbing IcyHot Max Lidocaine Cream on the bottoms of my feet and it is like a miracle. Once or twice a day has worked so far. I noticed this morning the pain is going away so hopefully only a couple more days of dealing with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes