Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:30 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,146,494 times

Advertisements

Syrian refugee village development in Michigan moving forward | MLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 02:31 PM

1,648 posts, read 3,276,807 times
Awesome news.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Anyone who refuses to welcome refugees should be shipped back to whatever land they came from. The epitome of racist.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:16 PM

21,167 posts, read 19,768,059 times
Why stop with Syrians? There are billions of people around the world who are in worse condition than the Syrians. Let's bring them all here.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:47 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,230,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
Awesome news.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Anyone who refuses to welcome refugees should be shipped back to whatever land they came from. The epitome of racist.
It's not so much racism as Islamophobia. Refugees have been streaming into the US for decades and decades and nobody's fussed too much about it. The recent events have really fueled the Islamophobia for obvious reasons. But I don't think this issue in particular is a racial issue since many Syrians could easily pass for being white and indeed, many if not most identify as such.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:38 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,716,084 times
Where is this village suppose to be located in? Is it in Detroit or in suburb. I wasn't sure from article. Anyway I am glad we are getting more people to contribute to Michigan economy

Old 12-05-2015, 12:45 AM

9,473 posts, read 10,821,447 times
Quote:
Awesome news.

Have you been watching the news??? Paris? California??? This is a real threat we are talking about. There are real elements of that culture and religion that wish us great harm. It is not racist to be cautious here, it is common sense. If a serious background check can guarantee that the people coming into the US are not terrorist or tied to them then we can talk about this. First we need so real guarantees about the background and history of these people. No one should come in unless that guarantee can be made. The safety of the citizens of this nation are most important, if some are offended or call racist then so be it. Better safe than sorry. In this case political correctness could get a lot of people killed.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:34 AM

21,167 posts, read 19,768,059 times
Islam: the religion of peace.

The Quran's Verses of Violence

Old 12-05-2015, 08:18 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,609,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Where is this village suppose to be located in? Is it in Detroit or in suburb. I wasn't sure from article. Anyway I am glad we are getting more people to contribute to Michigan economy
Pontiac, Michigan.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:22 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,286,873 times
Quote:
Awesome news.

All 20 million or so currently refugees in the world or just these Syrian refugees?

I would guess that something like half to three quarters of the world would immigrate to the US if it could.p, many of them from despotic or war torn countries.

People who pat themselves on the back for fixing a drop in the ocean of a problem while demonizing those with different opinions are either hopelessly naive or infantile to the point that they can't accept the basic logical tenets of reality.

Also anyone who thinks this administration has some kind of effective vetting process has really drank the kook aid. Our nitwit in chief just declared our country was safe from ISIS hours before an ISIS attack.

What kind of moron would think we are safe from an ISIS attack, let alone say it?

Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,603,381 times
While I dislike Islam, if the US will take in refugees, putting them in places like Detroit is a great idea in helping the city's economy and helpig to build up cities hit hard by the recession and other factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit