Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 07:25 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times

Advertisements

I was born and grew up in Detroit (Cooley High), but now I live in Idaho. I say Detroit area is a great place to dump all the Muslim refugees. Just remember to tell your female kids to keep covered, just like they are doing in Germany.
Maybe some of the 80K being booted out of Sweden will be brought over to the USA for relocation.
Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 08:23 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Hold on to your butts, you're about to be culturally enriched!

Old 02-05-2016, 05:29 PM

372 posts, read 599,246 times
More "cultural enrichment" and "diversity". The people in Flint are being poisoned, Detroit schools are falling apart, but yes let's help refugees.

Call me names. I don't care. I see what's happening in Europe as they let a million refugees in. Rapes and assaults went way up, refugees burning down their shelters because the food isn't halal, refugees pooping and peeing in the streets.

But everyone ignores that, and just go after the people who don't want them.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:05 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times
All throughout history, one civilization was invaded by another. In Ancient Rome, the Romans began arming foreigners (some of the barbarians) to help fight during wars. These barbarians had no loyalty to the Roman empire and would turn against them... much like Bin Laden and the fighters armed to help fight against the USSR turned against the US. We are now arming Al Qaeda to fight against ISIS. Yes, we are arming the terrorists responsible for 9/11 (who were originally our "allies" and then turned against us) to help us fight ISIS. Apparently, we don't learn much from history and are doomed to repeat it.
The barbarians invaded Rome, pillaged and raped. Although August 24, 410 was the official day that Rome toppled, this invasion didn't happen overnight. However, what is going on in Europe right now, is happening at a much faster rate than the rate it took barbarians to conquer the Roman Empire.
There's not much we can do when our government puts the welfare of others before the welfare of its own citizens. Clearly, we don't learn from history and we are doomed to repeat it.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:10 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times
8 Reasons Why Rome Fell - History Lists

When you read this, replace "Roman Empire" with "Western Civilization" or "Western Europe" or "North America", etc.
You could replace this text with those words and think that you were reading about what's going on in the world today.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Old 02-05-2016, 06:25 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,595,025 times
I still don't understand what any part of Michigan has in common with Europe.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:10 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
There are some really great restos we've been going to of late out here in Bayarabia ...

One of them is "Greek" run by some Syrians (Orthodox Christians BTW ... ). Thank you Syria!

Another one is by "Turks" (they are actually Kurds) and what a treat. The fare is a Turkish / Greek / Syrian polyglot. Again, I agree, they are dangerous ... to my diet.

Finally, not to forget Iraq ... the place run by the Iraqis one of whom is a friend of my wife ... a real treat ... plus ... bellydancing every second weekend. Oh and BTW ... more Christians here.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:11 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
What is being ignored is the fact that there already is a massive population of Arabs in the Dearborn area. Are these Syrians Shiite or Sunni? Are we simply importing this tired ole never ending war to the state of Michigan?

How are we vetting the refugees to ensure they aren't disciples of ISIS?

Are we aware of what is currently happening to European women in Germany, Sweden, Norway and Greece? ....whatever!

Old 02-19-2016, 05:35 PM

54 posts, read 86,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
8 Reasons Why Rome Fell - History Lists

When you read this, replace "Roman Empire" with "Western Civilization" or "Western Europe" or "North America", etc.
You could replace this text with those words and think that you were reading about what's going on in the world today.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
Great logic here. You can't compare the US with Rome. Those two existed in completely different situations.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:10 PM

5,889 posts, read 6,088,552 times
I assume there will be much better screening with the Syrian refugees coming into the US and Canada than the migrants going to Europe. With the US/Canada they're all going through airports which means tightly controlled borders, and we know where they came from if we want to send them back.

In Europe the way it was done was a complete mess, with poorly controlled borders and many migrants getting rid of their papers and claiming to have lost them and claiming to be Syrian but really who knows where they're from. The process for getting into Europe was basically, can you make the physically difficult journey, and are you willing to break the law to get in... While I'm sure there are honest people that came into Europe from Syria, I think this sort of process would still be expected to the make-up of the migrants to be skewed towards young male troublemakers.

There's also all the problems related to the fact that the migration was disorganized and chaotic, with a lot of dangerous methods of smuggling people across borders, and countries that were unprepared to handle such a huge influx. Also chaotic since there were major disagreements between different governments over how to deal with the situation.

That's a completely different process from the one used to accept Syrian refugees into the US and Canada. That would be an orderly process where you can actually verify the identity of the migrants. Plus the numbers are much less, something like 100x fewer per capita received by the US than in Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit