Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 04:25 PM

8 posts, read 56,244 times

Advertisements

Me and my boyfriend will be moving to one of those places in September and are looking for a rental home. We would like to buy but need to find jobs out there first. Our ideal situation would be to find someone willing to rent their home they are wishing to sell until we are able to get a few pay check stubs to start the loan process. I have looked at the Des Moines Register and Craigslist. Is there anywhere else I can look to find rental homes in these areas? Or are Iowa residents not really known for renting out their properties? I am from AZ and that's all people do out here is buy places and rent them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,073 times
There are lots of rentals in the DSM area. If you got a physical copy of the DM Register, it will have more rentals than the online version. You have to pay extra I believe to have an ad online as well as in the paper, so there are not many options online. I am going out there July 22, and would be happy to pick up a copy of the paper and send it to you. Also, if you go to desmoineshomebuyers.net. The guy who runs that site does rent to own/lease options. He may have something for you. His name is Levi. If there is nothing on his site that interests you, give him a call anyway. He will be able to find something for you.

Last edited by christina0001; 02-20-2008 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 8,350 times
Default Response to your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick78 View Post
Me and my boyfriend will be moving to one of those places in September and are looking for a rental home. We would like to buy but need to find jobs out there first. Our ideal situation would be to find someone willing to rent their home they are wishing to sell until we are able to get a few pay check stubs to start the loan process. I have looked at the Des Moines Register and Craigslist. Is there anywhere else I can look to find rental homes in these areas? Or are Iowa residents not really known for renting out their properties? I am from AZ and that's all people do out here is buy places and rent them out.
M & B Investment Properties, LLC offers homes for rent to own. You rent the house and a portion of your rent is credited towards the purchase price. There is Option Consideration money put down and the purchase price is set for what you will buy the house for at the end of your lease period. They do offer the option to continue leasing if you can't qualify at the end of the lease period. They are very workable with each individuals situation.
We Buy Homes! Sell your home fast to professional investors! is there website and they have different options for different situations. I would check them out. They offer the same type of service as Des Moines Home Buyers.net and alot of other We Buy Houses sites but they are from Des Moines, IA.

Good luck with your search.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,350,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick78 View Post
Just curious. If you don't have jobs yet, why are you limiting your choices to just these three cities?

Old 11-29-2007, 01:46 AM

18 posts, read 86,895 times
I rented in West Des Moines for two years (just moved from the metro in August) and loved it! I miss the area I always went through Apartment Blue Book and found a ton of online listings ... but if you're looking more at private residences, I don't know how helpful that will be. The Register also has listings that you could try.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 4,825 times
looking for a home to rent to own, craftsman style or older home. 3br 2 bath in the des moines ia or surrounding area. 5155548802
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines