Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 AM

11 posts, read 19,581 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Denver very soon, probably next week. I've never been there, I do not understand the transit system, and a link to the rtd website, while somewhat helpful, is not that helpful because I just do not have the first hand experience to *understand* (I'm just a little stressed about this move) Anyway, I'm going to be working downtown, and I'd love to be able to at least lightrail or really quick bus my way to work from ... someplace in Denver. Does anyone know of any extended stay places or places with short term leases (furnished) that are walkably close to mass transit to easily take me downtown? Thanks <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 AM

34 posts, read 96,376 times
Marriott TownPlace. If you stay longer than 30 days, it is around $850/month and the taxes are removed. Decent sized studio, full kitchen, internet, tv, housekeeping, linens, cookies and coffee. The light rail is less than a minute walk. There is a grocery store and a few restaurants within a few blocks. The area is very safe and the staff are quite nice.

TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ver-southeast/

Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 AM

6,791 posts, read 9,340,858 times
There is a Staybridge Suites near the target in Glendale (Cherry Creek area). I don't know anything about it other than that I drive by frequently. You can walk to Alameda Avenue and take the 83L or 3L buses for a quick ride to downtown Denver.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 PM

11 posts, read 19,581 times
Thank you both, that is extremely helpful

Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,398,950 times
I got the best places for you. It is in Westminster, right next to the Westminster Center Park n' Ride. You walk out the door of the hotel and their is the bus stop to downtown. The buses are express buses that run direct, without stops to Market Street Station Downtown.

The hotels are extended stays. The Marriott is closer, right across the access road
Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster: Spacious suites and amenities for longer stays

The other extended stay hotel is right next door, The Hampton
Hotel - Denver-Westminster, Colorado - CO - Hampton Inn Hotels

This stop is along I-36 that goes from Boulder to Denver. It is served by numerous buses. The Regional Bus, which has an express fare from The Westminster Park n' Ride is the "B" bus. This bus runs day and night and you can get it by crossing the pedestrian bridge to the west, to go east to downtown and it will return and stop on the east side, returning, in front of the hotels. The bus you take is the "B local". as the "B express" goes faster to Boulder without intermediate stops. It takes about 12-16 minutes because it travels on a limited bus express lane to downtown.

During the business day, the bus is also served by an Express bus that run from the Park n' Ride in the AM and return in the PM from Downtown. Again, there are no other stops until downtown and ends at Market Street Station. This bus is the 86X. What is good about this express bus is that it picks up and returns on both sides of the highway, so you do not have to go over the Pedestrian Bridge.

There is little chance to miss the buses, as if you do not take the express, you can take the B bus, very late. In addition, the stop is serviced by the L bus which goes to/from Longmont.

The place is very safe, as the hotels and the Westminster Center are across the road from the Westminster Police Department.

Here is an aerial view of the Westminster Center, You can see the two hotels in the middle right center, with restaurant to the north
http://www.rtd-denver.com/parknRide/...ter_Center.pdf

The links for the buses:
The B bus http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...e=12&routeId=B
The 86X http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...=4&routeId=86X
The L bus http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...e=12&routeId=L

Link for RTD http://www.rtd-denver.com/index.shtml
Link for How to Ride http://www.rtd-denver.com/HowToRideBus.shtml

Note then when you take the 86X bus from Downtown, you can board to all doors because you pay when you arrive at your destination. This allows the bus to load faster at downtown.

The Regional Buses, B and L charge an express fare to/from Westminster, not the more expensive regional fare.

The buses to this location are mostly all students and business people who work downtown. It is a very relaxing and fast commute. The buses end at Market Street Station but will stop at Union Station before Market.

There is nothing to worry about. It is very easy and people are friendly and helpful. Also, just north, next to the hotels are restaurants and are walkable.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 04-15-2010 at 08:59 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 PM

360 posts, read 1,126,445 times
Hey livecontent,

Do those places accept pets? Do you know about the deposits, taxes,etc. Thank you for the info..

Old 04-15-2010, 09:27 PM

360 posts, read 1,126,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erino View Post
I'm moving to Denver very soon, probably next week. I've never been there, I do not understand the transit system, and a link to the rtd website, while somewhat helpful, is not that helpful because I just do not have the first hand experience to *understand* (I'm just a little stressed about this move) Anyway, I'm going to be working downtown, and I'd love to be able to at least lightrail or really quick bus my way to work from ... someplace in Denver. Does anyone know of any extended stay places or places with short term leases (furnished) that are walkably close to mass transit to easily take me downtown? Thanks <3
I have actually stayed at the Crossland Suites, it is on Leetsdale Road in Glendale, it is just past Cherry Creek Mall, and just south of Alameda. The rent is around $800 per month, that is with taxes. The stop for the 83Limited is right there at the property. Downtown is about 10 minutes, the bus lets you off at Civic Center, Broadway and 16th Street, then you can take the 16th Street shuttle. Let me know if you need further info. It is convenient.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:43 AM

34 posts, read 191,070 times
Homestead Suites, 25 and Belleview, Light rail station right in front of the building.

Can't give you a review, never stayed there (was working midnights, too much noise at the time from nearby construction).

The Homestead in Glendale was not too bad. They had a management change near the end of my 8 month stay and things were not getting done.

The Crosslands in Thorton is a dump, stay away.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,490 times
I am moving to Golden next week and need some where to stay till about the 22nd of August. My budget is small. Like $400 for the stay. Please help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver