Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2007, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 8,936 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am moving to Denver for my job and I will be working out of the Colorado Springs Airport for a few months prior to transferring to the Denver Airport. I am just one year out of college and I am looking to rent a condo or an apartment. I do not mind having to drive to Colorado Springs for a few months but what concerns me most is finding an area with beautiful views. If anyone knows of a place somewhat in between those 2 cities (or even closer to Denver since COS will be temporary) with a great view, I would love to hear about it. Thank you ahead of time to anyone who takes the time to help me!-Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 08:52 PM

530 posts, read 2,627,556 times
Just about anywhere along the front range will give you nice views. You might want to look in Douglas County, just south of Denver. This area will give you "closer" access to the Springs and Denver. Areas such as Highlands Ranch or maybe Castle Rock. Please be more specific in your needs and wants.There are many people on this board that can help you. Good Luck!

Old 05-13-2007, 10:35 PM

111 posts, read 610,873 times
Not sure how long you'll be in the Springs, but if its a few months, why not try to get a short term lease there? I personally think the views in the Springs are better than the Denver views simply cuz much of the Denver metro area is farther out than what most people think.

Colorado Springs is underated. It has alot to offer. Obviously Denver has more because of its size, but the Springs are nice, nonetheless.

The drive between south Denver and Colorado Springs is a nice relaxing drive(most of the time).

Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 PM

226 posts, read 1,371,195 times
Castle Rock is in between Denver and Colorado Springs about 45 minutes to DIA. Metzler Ranch has a very nice condo development just off of Founder's Parkway with very nice views.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:49 PM

257 posts, read 947,116 times
There are very nice apartment complexes off of I-25 and Lincoln, which is the southern-most exit of the Denver Metro area. There is convenient access to E470 toll road that takes you directly to the airport - an expense that may be worth it to you, as it is very convenient. Would also be convenient to popping down to Colorado Springs, as I25 is right there.

There are two AMLI apartment complexes - one east of I25 and Lincoln and one west of I25 and Lincoln. I live in the Metropolitan at Lincoln Station apartments directly across the street from the AMLI apartments on the west side. There are also the Crest Apartments on our other side. ALL of them are very nice and have different things to offer. I love my apartment because it is VERY affordable - I leased for $875 for a 2BR/2BA; and there is a free parking garage to avoid those snow days.

The Lincoln Station light rail is right here (right next to the apartment complex, hence the name) for easy access to downtown for a night out. The Park Meadows Mall is down the street, the movie theatre, tons of shopping, all within a 5 minute drive. The Lone Tree Rec Center is also really nice and cheap, otherwise there is a 24 hour fitness and Lady Fitness also nearby. In the Crest Apartments Retail Section there is a Yoga studio.

I personally do not have a view out my window, but I get to see the great views every time I leave my apartment. There are plenty of apartments that do have a view, they are just more expensive.

Good Luck

Old 05-28-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 8,936 times
Default Thank you!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to give input and advice. All of you were helpful and I leave tomorrow to take a look at the areas that were mentioned above. I sincerely appreciate all of your suggestions. Have a great day!!

Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM

435 posts, read 1,816,545 times
I'm in the Denver area for 5 days to look for an apartment. I've narrowed it down to the Crest at Lone Tree, the Metropolitan at Lincoln Station or Camden Lakeway. I really like all of them, but I'm leaning more towards the Crest at Lone Tree and the Metropolitan at Lincoln Station due to the closeness to the light rail (I'll be working downtown). Silly me I went onto the apartment ratings websites and those two don't have the best ratings. I know I should have avoided them.....or should I be worried.
I also have to say they view from Lone Tree is BEAUTIFUL. Love the mountains.

Last edited by lovethebigcity; 07-01-2007 at 08:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver