Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:10 PM

989 posts, read 2,445,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
Basically yes. And I'll be able to hop off the light rail in Denver and walk a block to my job. I'll be living at the end of the light rail The rate for the light rail depends on what zone you live in. For me I think its going to be like $7.75 for the day (not 100% sure on the cost tho). I know there is something with the light rail to get you to the games....someone who has lived here longer probably has more knowledge on that. I'm sure the light rail can take you pretty close to the nightlife. Again that is probably a question that can be answered better by someone who has lived here longer.
I would say a apartment in a nice area can be anywhere between $650 - $1000 (at least from what I saw when I was looking). My range that I could afford was $650-$850. I'm sure I could have gone higher, like $900, but I didn't want to. I will be living in a 1br. 764sq ft. apartment.
Wow, $7.75 for the day. That would definitely eat a hole in my wallet. I was thinking it was like $3 to ride or something.

I'm curious what the electric/gas/water/sewer/trash utilities run there. Let us know when you find out! Or if anyone else knows, feel free to enlighten me. Where I live now, my water is paid and my electric bill is only $10 a month. So my rent is $985. So I'm thinking a $700 Denver Apartment with a $80 electric, $40 water bill ($820 total) isn't a terrible lot of savings....(like $1/hr difference in salary technically). Also I get cold very easily so I imagine I'd be running the heater all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 06:25 PM

435 posts, read 1,816,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Wow, $7.75 for the day. That would definitely eat a hole in my wallet. I was thinking it was like $3 to ride or something.
Well as I said I live the farthest out that you possibly can, but the nice apartments are in other areas as well. The closer you live in the cheaper the light rail fare is. Buses might be cheaper also. I'm not sure because I really didn't investigate that. You might also be able to get in with a company that will subsidize your light rail use. Not sure how many companies do that but its worth a shot. Also there are a lot of companies that seem to be out in the suburbs so that is another option as well. That seems to be popular in lots of places...live & work in the same area.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 PM

195 posts, read 795,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpraceman View Post
Why not keep the account? While depositing by mail is not so convenient, we chose to keep our Navy Federal Credit Union account even though we are now far from any Navy base. We still write checks off the account and use their online banking.
I thought of that, but I am completely addicted to free ATM use. The BofA rep that I talked to on the phone today said there were no BofA ATMs in Denver. But I guess she could have been wrong, because I remember seeing a BofA ATM somewhere...

Old 08-30-2007, 10:22 PM

435 posts, read 1,816,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolife View Post
I thought of that, but I am completely addicted to free ATM use. The BofA rep that I talked to on the phone today said there were no BofA ATMs in Denver. But I guess she could have been wrong, because I remember seeing a BofA ATM somewhere...
It appears there are def. some ATMs for BofA here in the Denver area. Go to the BofA website & where it says ATMs & Banking Centers, click on just ATMs. I was able to find 4 just by putting in Denver. I'm sure if you search by your zip code you can find more.
ETA: Make sure you click the button that says ATMS & not banking centers b/c you won't find anything then

Last edited by lovethebigcity; 08-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 08-31-2007, 12:06 AM

458 posts, read 2,777,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
Yeah....when I came to find an apartment back in the end of June/beginning of July I rode it when I went to talk with my future boss. It will take about 45 mins....which really doesn't bother me because when I lived in Charlotte I used to drive the same distance (about 20 miles one way) to my previous job. At least with the light rail I can hop on & relax. I won't be stressed from traffic or finding a parking spot. But as I said, I'm living at the last stop on the light rail. Other stops closer obviously take less time.
Thanks, I was just curious as to how long it takes to ride one of those. The only thing I've ever rode like that was at DFW Airport... That place is so huge you had to ride the train/bus like 5 miles to get from your gate that you were at to the car rental area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver