Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 PM

7 posts, read 18,692 times

Advertisements

My husband would be working near DIA. We are in our late 30's with no kids. We are looking for an area with a good commute to his job (20-30 minutes). Would want a rental house (2-3 bedrooms), fenced yard (we have pets) and private garage. We would like to be in an area that is in a good community, safe, reasonable rent (under $1300/ month), with a moderate / urban lifestyle near good restaurants / drinks. My husband used to live in Aurora about 20 years ago, but not sure how good the area is now after looking at some threads. I've never been to the area before, and am open to all suggestions!

Last edited by clark1234; 08-10-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:31 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,444,869 times
Animals?

Reunion, Brighton

Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,483 times
You are not going to be near the city or 20-30 minutes from the airport with those requirements at that price.

The two areas mentioned are a good compromise if you can drop the near an urban area requirement and don't mind fine dining being comprised of the Outback Steak House in a strip mall.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 18,692 times
I guess I should have been more clear --- we aren't looking for "fine dining" necessarily so much as an area with more unique, original (I hate to use the word bistro style) restaurants other than Outback or Bennigan's, etc. Some of the best restaurants in SA are "hole in the walls" but have great food, service. By "urban" lifestyle - we are looking for a neighborhood of people that are in our relative age group and not a cookie cutter / super conservative (i.e. boring) area. We enjoy spending time with all types of people and like to hang out with neighbors, bbq, have some drinks.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:15 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark1234 View Post
I guess I should have been more clear --- we aren't looking for "fine dining" necessarily so much as an area with more unique, original (I hate to use the word bistro style) restaurants other than Outback or Bennigan's, etc. Some of the best restaurants in SA are "hole in the walls" but have great food, service. By "urban" lifestyle - we are looking for a neighborhood of people that are in our relative age group and not a cookie cutter / super conservative (i.e. boring) area. We enjoy spending time with all types of people and like to hang out with neighbors, bbq, have some drinks.
We already have that topic covered in existing threads, which should be in the Index of Key Threads.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,775,766 times
Technically I can get to DIA in 30 minutes from the south metro area. But I don't commute to DIA for a living so I don't have experience when 225/70 is bad. You'll have to make some compromises if you want a quick commute to DIA at the price range you like, so the above choices are good. There are lots of hole in the wall dining options in the city.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
What neighborhoods do you like in San Antonio?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark1234 View Post
My husband would be working near DIA. We are in our late 30's with no kids. We are looking for an area with a good commute to his job (20-30 minutes). Would want a rental house (2-3 bedrooms), fenced yard (we have pets) and private garage. We would like to be in an area that is in a good community, safe, reasonable rent (under $1300/ month), with a moderate / urban lifestyle near good restaurants / drinks. My husband used to live in Aurora about 20 years ago, but not sure how good the area is now after looking at some threads. I've never been to the area before, and am open to all suggestions!
I just made the reverse move. I lived in Brighton. It's within 30 minutes of DIA and has some nice neighborhoods. It's also one of the lower priced housing areas in the metro area, however even there you won't find anything decent for under $1300.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver