Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,932 times

Advertisements

Hi There! I am planning to move to Denver in mid May to finish up my last year of nursing school. I will only be going to school part time and the school i will be attending is in Aurora. I vistited Denver for 5 days and stayed downtown, I loved the dowtown area! But didnt get to see much of Aurora besides the school and from what I can tell moving from Los Angeles, i think i would prefer to live Downtown. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for places? Or any opions on transportation from downtown to Aurora? I am looking for a location that is fun for a 25 year old, i like to go out and have a good time but not too crazy since i will be working as a nurse and going to school....any suggestions on areas to look at would be helpful! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephascope View Post
from what I can tell moving from Los Angeles, i think i would prefer to live Downtown.

Or any opions on transportation from downtown to Aurora?
Moving from LA, downtown must be the best option. You'll be disappointed elsewhere

You can commute using the light rail from LoDo. It's a pretty good service. But senior members in the forum will have a better notion if there is a direct rail route from Downtown to Aurora. I've been here for just a month. Still pretty much a newbie

Light Rail Map (http://www.rtd-denver.com/LightRail/lrmap.htm - broken link)

Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
What part of LA do you live in now?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 PM

195 posts, read 794,337 times
I commute from Denver to Aurora daily and it takes 30-40 minutes by car. By Bus, an hour, and by bike commute, one hour and twenty minutes. If you are looking to reduce your commute, I think Lowry or Montclair are communities to consider..there are other nice neighborhoods in the eastern part of Denver. Maybe consider Cheesman Park, too?

Here's a neighborhood map to help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oods_in_Denver

Btw- are your classes in the northern or central part of Aurora?.... that could make a difference.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:13 AM

43 posts, read 289,490 times
If you are going to Fitzsimmons, I think a fair number of the students live in Lowry and Stapleton. If you want something more urban and closer to downtown take a look at Capitol Hill (Cheeseman Park included) or closer to City Park. It's a bit more of a drive, but not too bad.

Cheers!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,828 times
The problem with commuting from downtown to Aurora via lightrail is that it's difficult getting anywhere from the 9 mile station. As far as I've heard they've also started cutting bus lines in that part of Aurora to save money. So unless you're going right near 9 mile (which I can't think of anything that's over there school-wise) it would be difficult.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:16 AM

26 posts, read 89,670 times
Default from LA to...Aurora?

I don't think so.

I'm thinking the DTC, (Denver Tech Center)/ Englewood area for you. Downtown is too, well, downtown and crazy, esp. w/ school and work. You can always head downtown on the new light rail on weekends if you want crazy night life. You don't want the *exact* same life you have/had in LA; do you; otherwise, why even come here?

DTC is more sophisticated living, I think. Park Meadows Mall for shopping. Lots of restaurants down this way, too. Check it out at least. I'm not sure where in Aurora your school is, but north Aurora is not where you want to be: low income, higher crime. Now the so-called new South Aurora might be okay for you, but I can never get over the 'Aurora' association myself. I want to suggest that they rename South Aurora to...Borealis...

Old 03-14-2009, 01:00 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americana1st View Post
I don't think so.

I'm thinking the DTC, (Denver Tech Center)/ Englewood area for you. Downtown is too, well, downtown and crazy, esp. w/ school and work. You can always head downtown on the new light rail on weekends if you want crazy night life. You don't want the *exact* same life you have/had in LA; do you; otherwise, why even come here?

DTC is more sophisticated living, I think. Park Meadows Mall for shopping. Lots of restaurants down this way, too. Check it out at least. I'm not sure where in Aurora your school is, but north Aurora is not where you want to be: low income, higher crime. Now the so-called new South Aurora might be okay for you, but I can never get over the 'Aurora' association myself. I want to suggest that they rename South Aurora to...Borealis...
What are you talking about?

LA is a million different things, everything from ulta suburban to ultra urban. The OP never said anything about where she lives in LA, so why start guessing about where she lives and going on and on about "live here," "don't live there"? In fact like typical first posters, the OP hasn't followed up at all, and probably never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver