Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM

541 posts, read 1,225,579 times

Advertisements

This obviously was not the winter needed to kill off the pine beetles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM

719 posts, read 2,619,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
this is not good news...the front range desperately needs moisture
Very accurate statement. Ground soil moisture along the Front Range is zero, and the mountain snowpack is in jeopardy - it was 60* in Aspen today, and 55* in Crested Butte. NOT good things... our glorious above average snowpack could easily evaporate if this trend continues.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,472,244 times
You all must be shills for the chamber of commerce and the tourism board. I have it on good authority that Denver never gets about freezing from mid October to mid May.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM

360 posts, read 1,127,348 times
Lol, if you had friends and family in the area, you would know, that it does actually get warm, and sometimes warmer than LA in winter, today is an example. Did you say it never gets above freezing from Oct to May, lol. As I believe the winter nights can dip into the teens and 20's quite regularly, and if an arctic front comes thru, it will be below zero for a few days, but that statement is completely false. I live in SLC, where it hardly ever gets below 0, but then again, there are many days when it never climbs out of the 20's and 30's. Look through the threads, Denver Aztec even posted some really nice pics walking downtown in February, and it was 68 even then.

In reality, it can get cold in Dnvr, but it never stays cold, especially not during the time frame you suggest. As far as snow, it usually comes in the Fall, takes a winter break, then dumps again in the Spring. I like it that way, because when you have snow constantly from late November thru March it really does wear on your patience. That is the case in SLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
You all must be shills for the chamber of commerce and the tourism board. I have it on good authority that Denver never gets about freezing from mid October to mid May.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:09 PM

360 posts, read 1,127,348 times
Oh, did I mention how jealous I am. Today in SLC, we squeaked out a very blustery 69, but trust me, it doesn't happen often. Not in March. Tomorrow should be back into the cold.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,472,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCrising View Post
Lol, if you had friends and family in the area, you would know, that it does actually get warm, and sometimes warmer than LA in winter, today is an example. Did you say it never gets above freezing from Oct to May, lol. As I believe the winter nights can dip into the teens and 20's quite regularly, and if an arctic front comes thru, it will be below zero for a few days, but that statement is completely false. I live in SLC, where it hardly ever gets below 0, but then again, there are many days when it never climbs out of the 20's and 30's. Look through the threads, Denver Aztec even posted some really nice pics walking downtown in February, and it was 68 even then.

In reality, it can get cold in Dnvr, but it never stays cold, especially not during the time frame you suggest. As far as snow, it usually comes in the Fall, takes a winter break, then dumps again in the Spring. I like it that way, because when you have snow constantly from late November thru March it really does wear on your patience. That is the case in SLC.
You might want to see about getting your sarcasm detector calibrated.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,250,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCrising View Post
Oh, did I mention how jealous I am. Today in SLC, we squeaked out a very blustery 69, but trust me, it doesn't happen often. Not in March. Tomorrow should be back into the cold.
This will be my 7th Spring in Denver, and it always seems like March brings beautiful sunny, warm weather. Then April happens and it gets cold, snowy, cold rain, and dreary until May. I also learned the hard way years ago that even though it's still winter, you can get a nasty sunburn in March in Denver. I'm already putting on the sunblock if I'm going to be out in the sun.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 AM

11,833 posts, read 34,462,681 times
First - always wear sunscreen, it's not just for summer. Everyday. Add a hat, and sunglasses and you are good to go.

Next, haven't you heard the old saying? "April snow showers bring May flowers."

Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,250,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
First - always wear sunscreen, it's not just for summer. Everyday. Add a hat, and sunglasses and you are good to go.

Next, haven't you heard the old saying? "April snow showers bring May flowers."
or, "March Heatwave brings early April Flowers that are Killed by April Snows, which bring May Flowers"... or something along those lines!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,127,227 times
Seriously, enough of this nice weather!
I skied at Eldora yesterday and I should have used water skis. Temps in the mid 40s, slushy mid-April conditions. It was 62 at my house (8300') the other day! We NEED SNOW!
How about rain showers for you guys down there and SNOW up here?
I know... I've lived here long enough to know that come April we will be buried. Right after the ski areas close. Never fails!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver