Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 08:26 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,059,158 times

Advertisements

I visited Denver on the 3rd and 4th and spent all my time downtown, I took a bus from the airport and got to see a little bit extra of the city without having to drive and pay attention to the road.

I thought that Denver was very modernized and from the look it looks like the city has alot of money, almost everyone we met there was very helpful and nice. The Rockies were pretty with the snow on the peaks. I was impressed with everything there. You all have a good looking city there.

I took in a Nuggets game and ate some rattlesnake at the Buckhorn exchange and rode the lightrail for the first time. The time was great there. My girlfriend actually liked Denver enough that its the first time I have ever heard her say that she would like to live someplace that wasnt Albuquerque.

anyways I just wanted to say that yall have an awesome city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,364,351 times
Glad you had a good time, desert sun! Nice to hear a positive review, a change from the duo of trolls who have complaining about Denver incessantly the last several weeks. And don't cut down Albuquerque either-- I'm from Denver, but Albuquerque looks highly attractive to me. If I can land a good position there there's a good chance I'll be moving to your town. They're both nice, but very different cities.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,546,760 times
Glad you enjoyed yourself. Come back anytime!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 PM

1,114 posts, read 3,140,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Glad you had a good time, desert sun! Nice to hear a positive review, a change from the duo of trolls who have complaining about Denver incessantly the last several weeks. And don't cut down Albuquerque either-- I'm from Denver, but Albuquerque looks highly attractive to me. If I can land a good position there there's a good chance I'll be moving to your town. They're both nice, but very different cities.
I'm guessing that I must be one of the "trolls" you are talking about just because I made some critisisms about Denver?

You are something else. You lash out at anyone who isn't all roses and flower petals on this forum.

If you can't handle critisism, you won't go too far in life.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I'm guessing that I must be one of the "trolls" you are talking about just because I made some critisisms about Denver?

You are something else. You lash out at anyone who isn't all roses and flower petals on this forum.

If you can't handle critisism, you won't go too far in life.
We've already heard your viewpoints. And you can say whatever you want, that's okay. Nobody is telling you to stop posting. All I said is it's nice to hear some positive comments from a fresh, new visitor. I think you're reading way too much into what I say, seeing stuff that isn't there. All I'm saying is what desert sun has to say is very refreshing compared to the recent climate on this forum.

I can handle criticism perfectly well. In fact, I'm a very critical person myself, and I've criticized Denver a LOT on this forum. I just happen to think that much of your criticism is either a) nothing to do with Denver in particular, b) illogical, or c) frivolous.

To the OP-- please ignore our squabbles here. We have a lot of friendly debate here on this forum.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
We've already heard your viewpoints. And you can say whatever you want, that's okay. Nobody is telling you to stop posting. All I said is it's nice to hear some positive comments from a fresh, new visitor. I think you're reading way too much into what I say, seeing stuff that isn't there. All I'm saying is what desert sun has to say is very refreshing compared to the recent climate on this forum.

I can handle criticism perfectly well. In fact, I'm a very critical person myself, and I've criticized Denver a LOT on this forum. I just happen to think that much of your criticism is either a) nothing to do with Denver in particular, b) illogical, or c) frivolous.

To the OP-- please ignore our squabbles here. We have a lot of friendly debate here on this forum.
Well, you are talking about a "troll duo", and you are obviously talking about myself and that guy from Milwaukee, who else could it possibly be? We are the only people on this forum to say anything remotely negative about this city.

So of course i'm going to say something because I am not a troll at all. I simply spoke up on some very real critisisms I have about Denver. I am not a mayberry guy with a permanent smile on my face. I'm more of a realist.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
So of course i'm going to say something because I am not a troll at all. I simply spoke up on some very real critisisms I have about Denver. I am not a mayberry guy with a permanent smile on my face. I'm more of a realist.
And that's fine with me. Ok, troll might have been a little harsh. I'm really not the bad guy here. In fact we probably have a lot in common, you just don't know it. How about lets pretend this exchange never happened. Agree to disagree. Friends?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
And that's fine with me. Ok, troll might have been a little harsh. I'm really not the bad guy here. In fact we probably have a lot in common, you just don't know it. How about lets pretend this exchange never happened. Agree to disagree. Friends?
Yeah, troll is a harsh word. A troll is basically like a spammer who comes in and destroys a forum with nonsense for immature amusement with no constructive purpose at all. When you call someone a troll, to me, that's like calling someone worthless scum. It's like saying that everything they write and say is totally worthless and they have no credibility at all.

I am not even close to that. What I did was bring up a few legitamite critisisms about Denver. I think I wrote them tactfully too. And I will gladly repeat them in greater detail again if it sounded too "trollish" last time.

There is no reason to be so thin skinned about these things. I thought this forum was all about sharing info on cities, whether it be good or bad. If this is what I think about Denver, who cares? There are a lot of people out there who agree with me, just like there are people who disagree.

Personally I WISH that these forums had more people posting rants and complaints, as long as they are tasteful, well-written and realistic. It feels very one-sided to me right now. I guess most people come in here for a happy little community to socialize with, not to get real and talk about the deep stuff.

I'm about to move out of this city anyway so it's all yours buddy. Enjoy.

This is the internet, it's not meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, real life shouldn't be taken seriously either

Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,948,588 times
Quote:
Why if somebody has a negative thought about Denver than they are instantly trolls? A troll is somebody who makes up a fake name, and trolls (like fishing) for attention. Not somebody who has a opinion that is opposite of yours.

I never understood this concept. If somebody post something that somebody doesn't agree with, than they are considered a troll. People are allowed to have different opinions.

I love Denver, but I also notices a few negatives when I lived there. Does that make me a troll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: