Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 AM

41 posts, read 94,731 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am leaving tomorrow morning from Florida to Bever Creek area on vacation with my high school and college sons. Can anyone give me any advice where to bring them skiing, snow boarding, dog sled riding, horse/carriage ride, and where to rent equipment that is reasonably priced.

Also, anywhere to go to hang out Fri/Sat night for mom...:-)

any information will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 04:02 PM

21 posts, read 76,026 times
There is not much of a town to Avon and Beaver Creek village can be quiet once the sun goes down. I would plan on taking a trip to Glenwood Springs (45 minutes West) for an evening and checking out the Hot Springs Pool (World's Largest) which is just off of Interstate 70. I live in Glenwood Springs so I could recommend some restaurants, etc here and I have a pass to ski at BC, but I usually head straight home afterwards so I can't help much with things to do there. They have a great snowshoeing/cross country area that you could check out as an alternative to downhill skiing. For shopping there is the BC village and the Riverwalk in Edwards (just west of Avon). I've eaten at the Cyote Cafe a few times in the BC village which has decent American bar food.

If you have any specific questions about Glenwood Springs, feel free to ask, I will try to check this forum again tomorrow.

Have a great trip.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:16 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Do keep in mind that Beaver Creek is just down the road from Vail, with it's many shops, restaurants, library, and other activities. It's close by, and the buses run from BC to the Vail transportation center which essentially puts you just a few steps away from the center of Vail. Local circulator buses in the Vail area are free and run frequently through most of the day and evening.

Vail and the Western side of Vail (Lionshead) have lots of places for Mom to enjoy.

Skiing in this (early) season will best be determined once you're here. If you'll look at the Vail website(s), you'll see that mother nature has not yet been very kind to the area but that changes dramatically on a day-to-day basis. Check once you're here to see which ski area has the better skiing conditions for the day ... Vail or BC.

I can suggest several ski shops in Vail that rent demo equipment and do a good job of boot fitting, ski selection, etc., if you'd like. However, if you aren't up to the level of skiing where you'd benefit from top of the line gear, just about any mountain area ski shop can and will do a competent job with standard rental equipment. Check online for package deals, or through your hotel accomodations/concierge for a local deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver