Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 PM

64 posts, read 214,739 times

Advertisements

Where around DIA can you get a good view. TIA

~C~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 PM

201 posts, read 655,958 times
If you go out to the airport, there are two places. If it's not too bad out, you can stand along rental car row (that last exit before dia) and watch the planes take off from the runway that's right there. If you have a little one with you and it's cold, you can stand inside the airport terminal on the south end and watch the planes through the window. You can also stand on the bridge between the terminal and concourse A if you need some close-ups of planes. Those are the only places without having to buy a ticket and go through security.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 PM

136 posts, read 460,691 times
You might also want to try any of the areas surrounding Centenial Airport (south of the DTC), or Rocky Mountain Airport, (southwest of the Boulder Turnpike and Wadsworth) for all the smaller planes and the cool corporate jets etc.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:26 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonik View Post
You might also want to try any of the areas surrounding Centenial Airport (south of the DTC), or Rocky Mountain Airport, (southwest of the Boulder Turnpike and Wadsworth) for all the smaller planes and the cool corporate jets etc.
X2. You can see a lot more variety of smaller planes and get much closer at Centennial or Jeffco (Rocky Mtn Metro ). Centennial has a great restaurant right on the field where you can watch airplanes and get something great to eat. Its called "The Perfect Landing."

AirNav: The Perfect Landing at Centennial Airport

Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 AM

619 posts, read 2,198,969 times
The Perfect Landing is a pretty neat place, but it is not exactly kid-friendly...so if you're bringing kids, just be prepared. (no highchairs or boosters, no kid menu, etc) The kids will love the view though.

When we went, I was fascinated by all the interesting people we saw. Would have been a great bar to hang out at during my single days
We actually saw Bill Richardson when we were there...and some military planes (not quite "trick" planes, but like those).

It was cool!

Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 AM

227 posts, read 1,008,799 times
Try the runway grille at Rocky Mountain Airport (formerly Jeffco). 11705 Airport way. Good food there and great views of the planes and mountains. Good prices as well.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:00 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfish15 View Post
Try the runway grille at Rocky Mountain Airport (formerly Jeffco). 11705 Airport way. Good food there and great views of the planes and mountains. Good prices as well.
There is a great sandwich place at Rocky Mountain Metro called the Blue Ski Bistro. I like the food a lot better than the Runway Grill, but YMMV.

Another option is Front Range Airport in Watkins which is up near Denver International. So you could hit both and there's even a backroad to get to Denver Intl from Front Range, the desk can give you directions. Its not far at all. Front Range is not as busy as Centennial, but its still very active.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the tips. It's looking like the Runway Grille would be our best bet. The Blue Sky Bistro is only open from 7am to 2pm M-F and closed on the weekends. I would like to try The Perfect Landing but will have to leave the kids home. We have a 7 and 4 year old.

~C~

Old 09-27-2008, 01:09 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimomof2 View Post
Where around DIA can you get a good view. TIA

~C~
I always get nervous when people ask this, but at least you didn't ask "where can I get a clear shot of planes taking off out of DIA"

My mom asked this to a police officer near the airport one time, he was like

Old 09-27-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I always get nervous when people ask this, but at least you didn't ask "where can I get a clear shot of planes taking off out of DIA"

My mom asked this to a police officer near the airport one time, he was like
Didn't even think about it being an odd question! I guess in this day and age some would wonder. How sad.
I only asked because my 4 year old said, "Wouldn't it be neat if we could watch planes take-off and land."

~C~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: