Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 12:50 PM

10 posts, read 10,616 times

Advertisements

Thank you all- I’d love more thoughts around West Highland and Berkeley if possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 03:12 PM

618 posts, read 1,368,337 times
If you enjoy the outdoors, there is a huge advantage living on the west side in Berkeley or Highland since you'll be that much closer to the mountains. You will still have access to nice large parks between Berkeley Park, Sloan Lake, and Rocky Mountain Lake Park. For a while, it seemed as though the trendiest restaurants were all concentrated in Highland and Berkeley, but it seems that has shifted to River North around 5 years ago. But, I would say NW Denver has trendier dining options than Wash Park/Platt Park. Plus, when COVID is over, you could risk your life on the Cyclone at Lakeside Amusement Park (https://www.lakesideamusementpark.com/).

In the end, all of your options are really good and your budget gives you a lot of flexibility and choices. It comes down to finding the type of home you really like since you really can't go wrong with any of these neighborhoods.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:14 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,589,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverpro View Post
There is like zero vibe in wash park. People here do nothing but walk their dogs or baby strollers or run. Wash park is probably the most suburban feeling neighborhood in Denver.

But at least with wash park its consistent, you know what you are getting.

A lot of Denver is inconsistent.
You’ve had earlier posts saying “here in Douglas County”. Where are you exactly?

Old 03-06-2021, 06:24 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,589,653 times
You’re on the right track with the neighborhoods you’ve narrowed down to. I’ll say that here in Wash Park West, over half the occupants on the block are young families, a few of young professional sharehouses, a few widowed retirees. Washington Park is the best green public space in any of the neighborhoods you’re looking at. West Highlands and Berkeley aren’t as far into the gentrification process as Wash Park West, but still very much what you’re looking for. Sloans Lake and the ability to avoid 25 traffic are big positives for them over your other options.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:21 AM

Are there any other close areas with a good safe vibes that I have mentioned?

Old 03-07-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadez View Post
Are there any other close areas with a good safe vibes that I have mentioned?
Park Hill and Congress Park are also worth a look.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:14 AM

Congress park looks great, but is park hill more quiet residential cs walkable?

Old 03-07-2021, 11:33 AM

410 posts, read 453,815 times
Depending on where in Park Hill of course, but in general it's very walkable. There are nice little commercial areas along 23rd that have popular restaurants and cafes. Montview Blvd and 17th are major walkable streets, with mature trees and beautiful old homes.

Old 03-07-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadez View Post
Congress park looks great, but is park hill more quiet residential cs walkable?
Park Hill is definitely more quiet residential versus all of the other neighborhoods mentioned. There are some shops clustered around 23rd/Cherry, 28th/Fairfax, and 23rd/Oneida, in addition to Colfax Ave. It has some incredible parkways and proximity to City Park with the Museum of Nature and Science and the Denver Zoo.

I lived in Congress Park for a minute before moving west---fantastic neighborhood all around...probably walked the most in my life when living there.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:32 PM

31 posts, read 45,221 times
Have you looked into University Hills? I recently moved to Aurora from there, but there’s plenty of new houses being built and not very far from Wash Park and hits all you are looking for! In my opinion, one of the best neighborhoods in Denver!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver