Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 PM

842 posts, read 4,308,695 times

Advertisements

I am new to the Denver forum, I am from NYC.

Question: Along the light rail, which station do most Asian commuters get off at? And is there an Asian supermarket/ restaurants in the vicinity? Apts or Houses?

All answers will be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:49 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
All Asians get off at Alameda, all blacks get off at 30th and Downing, the whites get off at Belleview, and the Hispanics... well, we don't let them on the train. Seriously, do you realize how bad the wording of your question sounds? The two most Asian parts of Denver I am familiar with are the Alameda/Federal area and the Havana corridor between Mississippi and Parker in Aurora (primarily Korean)-- neither of which is right by the light rail. Also in downtown Denver there's a small building called "Sakura Square."

Old 03-26-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
All Asians get off at Alameda, all blacks get off at 30th and Downing, the whites get off at Belleview, and the Hispanics... well, we don't let them on the train. Seriously, do you realize how bad the wording of your question sounds? The two most Asian parts of Denver I am familiar with are the Alameda/Federal area and the Havana corridor between Mississippi and Parker in Aurora (primarily Korean)-- neither of which is right by the light rail. Also in downtown Denver there's a small building called "Sakura Square."
Thanks for the answer though

Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 AM

Question #2: Where do the students commuting to the Auraria campus mostly live (along the RTD Light rail)?

Is the Colfax at Auraria Station the only stop for the Auraria campus? If so, where along the D line to most students get off? What is the extent?

Last edited by BXGEAR; 03-26-2008 at 12:34 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 12:41 AM

My guess would be 20th-Welton to 30th-Downing in the Five Points neighborhood

Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
Keep in mind, the light rail is new, it doesn't go everywhere, and is it's just one of many transportation options in Denver. It's not like New York City where everybody takes the subway everywhere to get around. Denver is still a driving city pretty much-- that and busses. Auraria students live literally all over the metro area and commute in to the campus to go to classes. It's pretty much a commuter campus, not a traditional residential college.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM

13 posts, read 60,507 times
The RTD Lightrail is a very dangerous place to be on.

I myself have been victim of RTD Police Transit authority harrassment several times even when I had a ticket. The police would consistently come around and re-check it and once I had accidentally missed my stop and I received a fine. I started arguing and received another fine.

I saw a few people get the police called on them for arguing with the RTD Transit Police.

Otherwise it is a wonderful service, but be very careful to not upset the authorities or you may end up going to jail.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,398,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polospy View Post

I myself have been victim of RTD Police Transit authority harrassment several times even when I had a ticket. The police would consistently come around and re-check it and once I had accidentally missed my stop and I received a fine. I started arguing and received another fine.

I saw a few people get the police called on them for arguing with the RTD Transit Police.

Otherwise it is a wonderful service, but be very careful to not upset the authorities or you may end up going to jail.
See, I knew you had some sense--just behave yourself, and you can
Livecontent

Old 03-27-2008, 12:02 AM

13 posts, read 60,507 times
Just behave yourself? What don't question something which is patent abuse of an exaggeration of authority? Piffle. You can live with your head down, but not me, sir.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 AM

380 posts, read 1,228,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polospy View Post

Maybe you should check out Portland Oregon. The authorities don't pay enough attention to the light rail there and crime has taken it over. I'd rather have my ticket checked then have drug deals going down in the seat next to me. That's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver