Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:58 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,219,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You do run the risk of paying the full mortgage anyway, and then not being able to evict them right away, you know.
I'm fully aware of the risks involved with renting out property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 01:59 PM

245 posts, read 325,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
And like I keep telling you, that's why I'm not trying to charge what 1-BR apartments are going for (over $1,000/mo + utilities and pet rent).
$600-650 sounds about right.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:00 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,363,759 times
Quote:
And like I keep telling you, that's why I'm not trying to charge what 1-BR apartments are going for (over $1,000/mo + utilities and pet rent).
So then why are you talking about looking at 1 BRs on Padmapper for 1400+.

You need to look at how much a room in an apt or house is going for.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So then why are you talking about looking at 1 BRs on Padmapper for 1400+.

You need to look at how much a room in an apt or house is going for.
I checked Padmapper and they're coming up over $2k for a 1-BR shared living space. That's seems ridiculously high.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I checked Padmapper and they're coming up over $2k for a 1-BR shared living space. That's seems ridiculously high.
That's an AirBNB rental.

Here are a couple that are probably more of a good comp

Room offered in a large 2 bedroom / 2.5 bath condo

Room Available $650

I would have thought that 700 was high but I think it's a lot more realistic than 850. It would be a reasonable starting point, anyway. You can always drop the price a bit if you don't get any interest.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:22 PM

3,446 posts, read 4,751,287 times
Quote:
That's an AirBNB rental.

Room Available $650

I would have thought that 700 was high but I think it's a lot more realistic than 850. It would be a reasonable starting point, anyway. You can always drop the price a bit if you don't get any interest.

Well, imagine that, huh? Now we are getting closer to comparing apples to apples and being much more realistic like we were suggesting in the rental forum.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
That's an AirBNB rental.

Room Available $650

Location also does matter to an extent. My place is right around the block from the Aurora Gardens shopping center, as well as a nearby King Soopers, Costco, Lowes, and Safeway. Close proximity to amenities is why people pay a premium for living in places like Belmar as opposed to living off some residential side street in Lakewood. Both of the places you linked to are not really in proximity to anything.

After consulting with a close friend, I'm considering $700/mo plus 50% of gas/electric. No pet rent and free wifi available (paid by me). Sound reasonable?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Location also does matter to an extent. My place is right around the block from the Aurora Gardens shopping center, as well as a nearby King Soopers, Costco, Lowes, and Safeway. Close proximity to amenities is why people pay a premium for living in places like Belmar as opposed to living off some residential side street in Lakewood. Both of the places you linked to are not really in proximity to anything.

After consulting with a close friend, I'm considering $700/mo plus 50% of gas/electric. No pet rent and free wifi available (paid by me). Sound reasonable?
Yep, that's reasonable. And that's a good location, I agree it's better than the comps I posted. I still shop there regularly since there aren't any Sprouts in Stapleton and since I'm on the east side, it's just as easy to go down Havana as it is to head over to the one on Colfax.

Do you have cable TV too or just wifi? Not saying you should, just that if you did, I'd include that as part of the amenities.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Yep, that's reasonable. And that's a good location, I agree it's better than the comps I posted. I still shop there regularly since there aren't any Sprouts in Stapleton and since I'm on the east side, it's just as easy to go down Havana as it is to head over to the one on Colfax.

Do you have cable TV too or just wifi? Not saying you should, just that if you did, I'd include that as part of the amenities.
Just 100 Mbps wifi, but I have Netflix, Hulu, and Apple TV subscriptions like ESPN, CNN, USA, NBC Sports, etc. that would be available.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:59 PM

897 posts, read 1,258,647 times
yea I think its a fair deal, I would have no qualms about taking it if I needed a room to rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver