Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,488 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im moving to aurora for a job at the hospital. Any advice on apartments in the area? Was thinking about stapleton or lowry area? Want a safe area and something that is close to work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 08:04 PM

26,360 posts, read 49,434,296 times
Rentals are pricey in Denver these days, use padmapper.com to get a sampling. Beware scammers on craigslist.

Lots of threads here on jobs out at the medical campus, search on the key words that apply and you'll find them.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:07 PM

17,767 posts, read 30,134,168 times
What hospital?
How safe?
Is there a question in "Was thinking about stapleton or lowry area?" ?
What is your budget? What size apartment?
Do you have pets?

Old 01-25-2015, 10:03 PM

5,852 posts, read 6,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdh8723 View Post
Hi, Im moving to aurora for a job at the hospital. Any advice on apartments in the area? Was thinking about stapleton or lowry area? Want a safe area and something that is close to work
I presume OP means Anschutz.

Both Stapleton and Lowry are good locations within a 10 minute drive that have a large number of people who work at Anschutz. The small area between them and adjacent to either on the East is a bit sketchy and consequently, there is an expected amount of crime of opportunity/property crime that bleeds over from these areas. However, that can occur anywhere.

As has been mentioned, the rental market here in Denver is very tight, and as someone who lives in Stapleton, I can confirm the inventory is limited. Price would depend on the size you need, but it seems many small dingle family homes etc go for $2000-$2500 a month. Not sure for a 1 bedroom apartment, but I would guess close to $1,500.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,488 times
Going to be an anshutz campus, I was looking the lowry/stapleton area but I was looking just east of 225 south of the hospital near almadea or mississippi avenue. Im not sure how traffic on colfax is as compared to I225. No pets, would like to get a 2 bedroom if I can for around $1200 if not I can do a 1 bedroom.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:28 AM

25,892 posts, read 20,849,117 times
Quote:
Going to be an anshutz campus, I was looking the lowry/stapleton area but I was looking just east of 225 south of the hospital near almadea or mississippi avenue. Im not sure how traffic on colfax is as compared to I225. No pets, would like to get a 2 bedroom if I can for around $1200 if not I can do a 1 bedroom.
It is a quick commute from Mississippi and/or Alameda. There are a lot nice complexes in that area and farther east as well.

Colfax generally only slows around the junction of I-225. Otherwise it moves pretty well both morning and evening.
Any one of the north-south locals (Sable, Chambers, Buckley...) will get you from Mississippi/Alameda to Colfax a lot faster than I-225 during the rush.

Well, maybe not Sable right now since that is where the new rail line is going in, but, that is something else to consider - there are public transit options from that part of Aurora directly to the hospital.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:53 AM

322 posts, read 528,331 times
Quote:
The 225 light rail station opens in 2016, so it would be easy to avoid traffic (and parking expenses) altogether if you located near I-225.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: