Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:44 PM

98 posts, read 114,996 times

Advertisements

Castle Rock commutes are a little tricky with timing. I commute from here to NE Aurora daily. The morning commute takes 25-30 minutes in no traffic, 30-40 minutes if I am on I25 before 7:15, 45-75 minutes if I am on the freeway any later than that.

E470 can shave some decent time off the commute, more on the way home than to work. I left from Colfax and I225 at 4:45pm today. It took me about 35 minutes to get home. Google Maps said that with traffic it would have taken 57 minutes if I avoided the toll road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 06:35 AM

776 posts, read 1,062,619 times
My wife just mentioned that she has a co-worker that's she's good friends with that lives in the meadows. They work down town but she leaves around 6:30 to make it downtown Denver by 8:15- and this is consistent. And she said her commute home is terrible all the time and it doesn't matter what time she leaves within that late day range. I guess she complains everyday and when the weather is bad, forget about it- she usually just calls in or works from home. There is the old 85 that goes down that way and comes out around Castle Pines, I guess that would be an alternative but I'd imagine that it's no fun to drive on either. I can't say, I've never had to use it. I don't believe the people who say they can make that commute on 30-35 minutes though. It takes me that long to get there and I live in Littleton of SantaFe and Bowles.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:58 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times
I think Castle Rock is beautiful but I'd never live there. The town is about 30 years behind the curve when it comes to intelligent development. If Boulder gets a bad rap for being anti development, Castle Rock should get one for being all development all the time.

Castle Rock does not have a long term, sustainable water supply. They're depleting the aquifer more and more every year as it is, but that doesn't stop the council from allowing unchecked growth. It's completely stupid. When it comes time to pay the piper the price is going to be really, really steep.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:34 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
For those interested in moving to Castle Rock and commuting north, be aware that CDOT is finalizing four major construction projects on the south end of town, including the reconstruction of the interchange at I-25 Arapahoe Rd., which will have a significant effect on commute times to the DTC. Construction on that particular project is scheduled to begin in May.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,988,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
For those interested in moving to Castle Rock and commuting north, be aware that CDOT is finalizing four major construction projects on the south end of town, including the reconstruction of the interchange at I-25 Arapahoe Rd., which will have a significant effect on commute times to the DTC. Construction on that particular project is scheduled to begin in May.
I think it will be interesting to see how people's commutes are AFTER the construction is finished. I know now that they finished the widening of I25 in Lone Tree, my commute from DTC to CR is only about 25 minutes and most of that time is just getting from my office building to I25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver