Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,106 times

Advertisements

I agree about the Mexican food, as one gets closer to the boarder, the food is always better. Now I am craving me some Chewy's, or the fried stuff at Jax's. I live 2 blocks from Benny's here and usually end up stumbling home from the margaritas. But at Rio, the limit is 2 because they are so strong, yet you have no idea until you stand up. Benny's is a must for your visit. The weather in Denver is constantly changing and sometime quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 PM

271 posts, read 1,380,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4Life View Post
I like how you guys also have all the major sports teams (except for soccer i think... Houston has won the title the last two years).
Denver does have a MLS team. The stadium's in Commerce City though. The team is called the Colorado Rapids. See: http://www.coloradorapids.com/

Old 12-20-2007, 07:36 PM

168 posts, read 622,215 times
Default Colorado

Hi - I agree with Timofeu - Benny's has great margaritas! Denver, and metro area, about about 3,000 feet lower altitude than most ski towns so our weather is generally more mild. Most ski areas about about 1.5 hours drive. Crime is fairly low compared to other cities and there is plenty to do. Colorado is extremely sports oriented, so there is always tons to do. Finding a marketing job shouldn't be a problem. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:38 PM

168 posts, read 622,215 times
Hi - I agree with Timofeu - Benny's has great margaritas! Denver, and metro area, are about 3,000 feet lower altitude than most ski towns so our weather is generally more mild. Most ski areas are about 1.5 hours drive. Crime is fairly low compared to other cities and there is plenty to do. Colorado is extremely sports oriented, so there is always tons to do. Finding a marketing job shouldn't be a problem. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 PM

226 posts, read 1,169,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Men outnumber women in Denver, so make sure you bring a partner, otherwise you might end up with a second-rate woman.

Many people complain about how ugly the women are in CO. They're probably not necessarily fat, but I think the dry weather and blistering sun affects how they look. Beer might improve this. Just a heads up.

Denver has an excellent music scene. Plenty of popular bands make a stop here. You shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah, you could probably make ends meet at 55k, but if you move outside of downtown, you'll live much more comfortably. I know people who get by at $35k/year without a problem.

I don't blame 'em for wanting to leave the miserable Texas heat. I love the snow but don't care for the cold that comes along with it. The ideal situation would be keeping a second house in TX for the winter months.
Would weed and/or hallucinagens help with the plug-ugly colorado women as well?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:08 PM

388 posts, read 328,449 times
Benny's is not authentic Mexican food and caters to gringos.

These are the things I always look for in a Mexican restaurant:

The clientele - do they consist of hispanics and whites (at least 50/50)?

Are the owners, cooks & and employees Hispanic?

Is ground beef listed ANYWHERE on the menu (the ultimate no-no)?

Does the menu have at least half of these items listed:

Pescado
Lengua
Al Pastor
Cabeza
Chorizo
Guisado
Torta
Sopes

Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates1234 View Post
Would weed and/or hallucinagens help with the plug-ugly colorado women as well?
hehe. I'm not quite sure.

Historically, alcohol usually does the trick.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,106 times
Try these places, some inside downtown, some out. And, some in not the best of areas, but worth the journey:

Lupita's - Colfax and Peroria
Taqueria Patzquaro - 32nd and Navajo
Tacos Jalisco - East of 38th and Sheridan
Tula- their Posole is amazing and they have a very reasonable Happy Hour as well.
Tamayo, has wonderful mole
La Cueva at Dayton/Colfax
Tacos Tijuana on Sheridan and 44th
Los Carboncitos on the corner of Pecos and 38th

Old 12-21-2007, 08:30 AM

676 posts, read 2,796,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Benny's is not authentic Mexican food and caters to gringos.

These are the things I always look for in a Mexican restaurant:

The clientele - do they consist of hispanics and whites (at least 50/50)?

Are the owners, cooks & and employees Hispanic?

Is ground beef listed ANYWHERE on the menu (the ultimate no-no)?

Does the menu have at least half of these items listed:

Pescado
Lengua
Al Pastor
Cabeza
Chorizo
Guisado
Torta
Sopes
Uh Denver has a fairly large hispanic population so the odds of Any restaurant being owned or run by them are pretty good.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
Uh Denver has a fairly large hispanic population so the odds of Any restaurant being owned or run by them are pretty good.
This is not always true - maybe for the dives and smaller places in Denver, but not everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver