Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,335 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are planning on moving to Denver when we finish school this year. I've always loved the idea of Colorado. I enjoy the great out doors I like snowboarding, biking, hiking, and there is nothing better to me than fresh air. However we're looking for more than just outdoorsy stuff. I want a good music/ bar scene. Art and culture are really important to both of us as is diversity and open-mindedness. Also we'll both have just graduated, we're not the riches of kids but we plan on building our future in whatever place we land so it would also be nice to hear from people with young families

Really I'd just appreciate a few different perspectives on the area. What's it really like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,900 times
Denver is a great place for young active couples The only concern I might have is that housing costs are rising rapidly and once you have kids you may find yourselves exiled to the suburbs in order to afford that 4br house.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacolumbusgreen View Post
My boyfriend and I are planning on moving to Denver when we finish school this year. I've always loved the idea of Colorado. I enjoy the great out doors I like snowboarding, biking, hiking, and there is nothing better to me than fresh air. However we're looking for more than just outdoorsy stuff. I want a good music/ bar scene. Art and culture are really important to both of us as is diversity and open-mindedness. Also we'll both have just graduated, we're not the riches of kids but we plan on building our future in whatever place we land so it would also be nice to hear from people with young families

Really I'd just appreciate a few different perspectives on the area. What's it really like?
You will be fine. Your boyfriend might start to develop 'Peter Pan' syndrome. It will be important for your to keep a close monitor on his condition and take his fairy dust away if he's out flying too much

Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM

13 posts, read 18,231 times
You will have a good time here. You may want to start looking in local Art District to quench your thrust for Art and Culture accompanied by good music and still be affordable to live in. Here are few of the local Art Districts:

ART DISTRICT ON SANTA FE
south of downtown on Santa Fe Drive, between 5th and 11th Avenues

GOLDEN TRIANGLE MUSEUM DISTRICT
The triangle is made up by Lincoln, Speer, and Colfax and the museums along 13th Avenue, directly south of downtown Denver. (Some parts of the Golden Triangle overlap with Capitol Hill neighborhood).

BELMAR / LAKEWOOD
Located at Wadsworth and Alameda, Belmar/Lakewood is located 10 minutes west of downtown Denver

RIVER NORTH ART DISTRICT (RiNo)
As you are aware,this neighborhood is located along the Platte River Bike Path just north of Coors Field and LoDo (Lower Downtown).

TENNYSON STREET CULTURAL DISTRICT
In the Highlands neighborhood between 38th and 45th Avenues along Tennyson Street.

NAVAJO STREET ART DISTRICT
On Navajo Street in the Lower Highlands, between 35th and 37th Streets, just a few minutes' drive from Downtown.

OLD SOUTH PEARL STREET
On South Pearl Street, between E Louisiana and E. Colorado Ave

You can find other neighborhood too, but if I know what is your budget and where will be your work place will help me make more suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver