Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,041 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My fiancee` and I are moving to Denver in 30 days. Naturally, It doesn't look like I will have time to visit; although, I have a few friends in the area who said they would view some places for me. Currently, we are in Montgomery Alabama. As you can imagine, pretty much anything would be an improvement so we are excited and looking forward to being Denverites!

I've pretty much searched and read to death everything that is published on the net about moving. I figured I would try to get some insights from some feedback from people in the city. We are looking for something small with access to most cultural activities (not the club, but a park/museum and free activities would be good). Would like to be able to walk around the neighborhood. We don't want a two bedroom and we have become minimalist.

We've found two apartments that we liked but don't know anything about the areas:

1) Prana,http://boutiqueapartments.com/index....tail/cat/Prana
2) Metropolis, http://boutiqueapartments.com/index....at/Metropolis/

I've been told that the traffic by Metropolis is hell on earth. Please advise. However, from the research, it seems that it is a slightly "better" area than Prana. Our price range is from 800-1100 depending on what amenities come with the place.

Last edited by Political Pete; 01-29-2011 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 10:38 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,163,002 times
From a traffic standpoint, both of these areas have big problems.

Colorado Blvd (Metropolis) is one of the busiest streets in the metro area. It is busy all the time, and during rush hour it can be unbearable. The same holds true for both 6th Ave. and Speer Blvd. (Prana).

Metropolis is very close to City Park which houses both the zoo and the Museum of Nature and Science. Prana is closer to the Art Museum, Colo History Museum, and Downtown Denver. Both neighborhoods are walkable, but Prana has better access to restaurants and shopping.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:46 PM

4 posts, read 6,041 times
Thanks davidv. Yeah, I am concerned about that. How is public transportation in Denver?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: