Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,549 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just found this community and I'm impressed with all of the helpful responses I see. Below are our specs, thanks in advance for the suggestions!

We have two little ones (3 and 1) and plan to grow our family more in the future. I will be working in LoDo and would love to live within easy bikeable distance to my office. We are hoping for 4 bedrooms in the 350-500k range. We care about things people with kids care about: schools (willing to explore private schools if necessary), access to parks, and safety. Also, we are a multi-racial family so I'd love to be in a multi-racial neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM

17,717 posts, read 29,859,001 times
Default Park Hill

Look at Park Hill.
Multi-racial neighborhoods are rare in Denver as the black population is only 9% (and falling).
Asian population is 2-3%.

Your range of $350-500K really means $500+K.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,576,508 times
I agree with Park Hill, but also think Platt Park would be a great spot. It's an awesome neighborhood with great access to LoDo via light rail. This is something Park Hill cannot offer. I do know a multi racial family in that neighborhood. While not common because of what Dave brought up, it is also not something that anyone bats an eye at. Also as Dave mentions, if you want to live anywhere decent in the city limits, it is going to be around that $500K number for the space you want at a minimum.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 07-08-2013 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-08-2013, 04:23 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,113,978 times
That a big bike ride from Park Hill to LoDo. Highland and Sunnyside are very good option on the west side of LoDo, and Five Points, Whittier, Cole etc. on the east side. You can find houses in your price range.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:38 AM

618 posts, read 1,367,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
That a big bike ride from Park Hill to LoDo.
I disagree. I used to bike to work downtown from my home in Mayfair (directly South of Park Hill) and it only took me 20 minutes - and I am not a hardcore biker.

Park Hill is a wonderful suggestion and a fantastic neighborhood, especially if you are looking for some diversity.

As someone in a multi-racial household with a kid, I would also suggest Stapleton. Fantastic parks and pools. Some of the best school options in all of Denver. Lots of young children. Our son can walk out the front door and have plenty of playmates - just the other night, all of the toddlers in our neighborhood came over for an impromptu play session - no need to plan in advance for play dates with friends that happen to have kids in the same age range. The bad? Less yard. Predominately white, though I have met many interracial couples while living in this neighborhood. Bike ride takes 30 minutes to downtown, but 35 minutes returning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: