Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 41,426 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Which company has the best internet service in Denver: Comcast or Century Link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:03 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
It depends.
Each one is better than the other.
Each one is worse than the other.

Last edited by davebarnes; 06-10-2013 at 12:51 PM..

Old 06-10-2013, 12:21 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
It depends
Yup. We had Comcast and dumped them because we could get better speeds at a better price with CenturyLink.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM

21 posts, read 74,305 times
Our experience with comcast has been horrible. Random outages, slow speeds, annoying customer service.

Haven't tried centurylink yet but others I know haven't had any problems with them. I can't wait to switch.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:07 PM

103 posts, read 291,960 times
We just switched from comcast to centurylink. I like centurylink better. It seems faster and so far no outages.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
I don't live in Colorado, but I assume nationwide there are similiar.
But, honestly, we are comparing DSL to cable right? Is there really a comparison in speed? We are talking about 10 mb/sec for DSL (at it's fastest, more realistically it's probably lower) to 50 mb/s

Of course some of us don't need that speed, and customer service is a issue, and who knows Comcast may throttle speed where you live (they claim they don't, but who knows). Where I live Comcast service suck, there helpdesk is clueless if you have an internet outage. But, apples to apples - don't choose DSL, particularly if you like to stream or file share.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:19 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Comcast has gotten worse the CS is all India now and they are idiots to deal with. Their speed is much better in most cases because DSL is distance sensitive the farther from the CO, where the make the dial tone, the slower the speed. Crapshoot.

Oh and Comcast has some issue with extreme temp swings when that happens their networks dumps and if you have their VOIP phone service and they are down you got no dial tone.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I don't live in Colorado, but I assume nationwide there are similiar.
But, honestly, we are comparing DSL to cable right? Is there really a comparison in speed? We are talking about 10 mb/sec for DSL (at it's fastest, more realistically it's probably lower) to 50 mb/s

Of course some of us don't need that speed, and customer service is a issue, and who knows Comcast may throttle speed where you live (they claim they don't, but who knows). Where I live Comcast service suck, there helpdesk is clueless if you have an internet outage. But, apples to apples - don't choose DSL, particularly if you like to stream or file share.
CenturyLink offers speeds up to 40mpbs down/20mbps up in certain areas. That's the package I have, and if it's available where the OP ends up living, I'd recommend it over Comcast every time. In order to get a really good deal with Comcast you have to bundle in their phone and cable packages, and their Xfinity cable offering sucks. They've got a very poor channel selection, and their DVR is garbage.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
I prefer Comcast because I prefer a broadband connection.
The connection speed where I am (SE Aurora) is very fast and the service is pretty reliable. We stream movies via the wireless connection (we have their wireless modem), often in two different rooms at the same time, and rarely have issues.
I've no doubt that it costs more than CenturyLink, but, it works for us.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I prefer Comcast because I prefer a broadband connection.
The connection speed where I am (SE Aurora) is very fast and the service is pretty reliable. We stream movies via the wireless connection (we have their wireless modem), often in two different rooms at the same time, and rarely have issues.
I've no doubt that it costs more than CenturyLink, but, it works for us.
We're in SE Aurora, too - The Wheatlands to be exact. If you're using the standard Comcast 20/5 plan, CenturyLink's 40/20 may well be available to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver