Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM

659 posts, read 1,017,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Maybe or Maybe not, just because it's busy or popular doesn't mean it's good. A lot of people blindly follow

yeah everyone looked really bored and miserable last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 02:47 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,826,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Be careful, the cast of Colorado is run by the NWO cabal to brainwash the masses
Smooth! She extends an invitation; you snap her bra.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 09-02-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 09-02-2012, 03:45 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,014,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
yeah everyone looked really bored and miserable last night.
I didn't mean that, people aren't the same and are into different things. I'm sure lots of people would have fun at a Celine Dion concert, but I wouldn't

Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM

229 posts, read 424,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The fact that its that crowded, must mean that most people don't share your lack of enthusiasm for it.
Yes, quite obviously, hence the clarification of "my opinion".

Old 09-02-2012, 07:18 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,446,410 times
Look, I've been to "Taste" Events that have been decent. I don't remember any issue with Taste Of Chicago (except, the gun fire).

This one focuses not on local eateries (nothing by the real town stars). It focuses on music and a quasi-crap fest of merchant stuff. It misses pretty badly on denvers claim to fame, beer.

SO if you like music, go. But just eat in Advanced. I recommend Biker Jim(s)

Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM

659 posts, read 1,017,877 times
Quote:
Look, I've been to "Taste" Events that have been decent. I don't remember any issue with Taste Of Chicago (except, the gun fire).

This one focuses not on local eateries (nothing by the real town stars). It focuses on music and a quasi-crap fest of merchant stuff. It misses pretty badly on denvers claim to fame, beer.

SO if you like music, go. But just eat in Advanced. I recommend Biker Jim(s)

I love Biker Jims, however last time I went I had a gallbladder attack.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,067,341 times
Quote:
Really? How about the salmonella outbreak of 2007? I'd call that a pretty big issue.

The Taste of Colorado has had over half a million attendance consistently almost every year for the last close to 30 years. If it grows just a little bit, and if attendance at the Taste of Chicago continues to implode the way it has in recent years, the Taste of Colorado could become the #1 food festival.

I'm sure that wouldn't stop some people from hating on it though.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,446,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Really? How about the salmonella outbreak of 2007? I'd call that a pretty big issue.

The Taste of Colorado has had over half a million attendance consistently almost every year for the last close to 30 years. If it grows just a little bit, and if attendance at the Taste of Chicago continues to implode the way it has in recent years, the Taste of Colorado could become the #1 food festival.

I'm sure that wouldn't stop some people from hating on it though.

God - same discussion, different wave length. I meant the food. The Food at the Taste of Chicago was far more varied and interesting. The thing is all food, not 50% food 50% vendors

Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,745,580 times
I like the Taste of CO. Since I'm vegan, I usually just walk around and enjoy the vibrance. You don't have to eat the food, so don't complain!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:54 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,826,986 times
Quote:
God - same discussion, different wave length. I meant the food. The Food at the Taste of Chicago was far more varied and interesting. The thing is all food, not 50% food 50% vendors
The problem, Chris, is that you seem to be having a hard time adapting to the local culture. These people are relaxed; you're a little tense. These people get together to get together; you seem to get together for a project. They're Westerners; you're a Midwesterner. It's their home; you left your home. It's common knowledge that Colorado isn't a foodies heaven; you're apparently angry that it's not a foodies heaven.

Get over it, or get out. No one will be sad when you leave; no one will be sad when I leave, but the least we can do is respect their culture while we're guests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver