Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 36,995 times

Advertisements

I'm out of state. I was there last week for work. Long story short, i missed to stay on left and then took the exit. Got around and I guess i was going little faster than i should have been.

Saw a Flash on front of me, i looked, it was a Green Van parked on the middle pavement.
Saw another flash once i passed it. From where i'm from, it's pretty easy to spot these traffic speed-vans, as they are white Ford Escape and Speed-Van sticker on it.

So since I'm out of state. What happens now?
Just wait for ticket $ in the mail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Wait and don't pay it.
1. Photo radar tickets have a monetary penalty, but do not have a "points" penalty.
2. Don't pay it. They have to serve you in person.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM

6,796 posts, read 9,347,476 times
Ignore it.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:22 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,023 times
Unless you receive a ticket notice in the mail, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been flashed several times in the past year and have never received a notice. And, yes, they have my correct address. Not sure what's up with these traffic flashes. Does anyone know how this REALLY works?

Several years ago, I was flashed in Aurora, CO and did receive a ticket in the mail, which I paid. I went through a yellow light.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
I've never heard of one of those vans. I only know the cameras at intersections---they have plenty of them in S. CA., and also Fort Collins.

Were you in a rental car? If so, it is going to take time for the ticket to find you. The rental company will have to be notified and then they eventually notify you. (This happens on toll roads, too.....it takes time to finally reach you. I rented a car out of DIA a year or two ago...at the rental counter part of the form talked about toll roads and to cut this short, it eventually ended up on my AMEX bill. OTOH, I rented a car out of Boston this year and traveled around the eastern seaboard---there was a toll road thingie already in the car and once you pulled out a lever, you automatically paid an additional charge on the card that you filed with the rental agency).

If no rental, I wouldn't do a thing until you get something in the mail.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,618,508 times
Recent Denver Post news story re photo vans here

Murphy: Denver's photo traffic enforcement on the radar - The Denver Post

Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM

20 posts, read 36,995 times
i was in my own car. Obviously not-colorado license plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver