Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 09:54 PM

8 posts, read 15,285 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I'm
A single female in my mid 30's and just accepted a job in Denver. I'm visiting now and looking at houses. I think I found one today but thought I'd ask the opinions of all of you. The house is on
Lincoln street and the alley backs up to some of the antique shops on broadway. I spent some time today in the neighborhood and I really like it. I just wondering if it's a safe part of broadway at night or if the traffic may be loud. I didn't really think it was while walking and driving around but I've spent a total of a few hours there. Any thoughts on the area for me? What about home values around there? Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts you want to share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,329,063 times
Platt Park is a nice neighborhood. I think most of the homes in that neighborhood are in the 300's and 400's. It's kind of like "Wash Park" without the park, a younger crowd, and with less pretention. Old South Pearl St is a destination that attracts people from all over to the restaurants, cafes, and boutiques. However I would prefer to be further to the east-- Lincoln is only one block away from Broadway, a busy thoroughfare. I would definitely expect some noise. Also, that stretch of Broadway is not a street you want to walk at night. There is a stretch of Broadway a few miles to the north, between Alameda and 2nd Ave that is a happening place, but south of I-25 the street is kind of grimey. It would be lonely and deserted with occasional characters and homeless people wandering around.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 AM

8 posts, read 15,285 times
Thanks a lot for your response! I really enjoy the Platt Park neighborhood, and I loved all the antique shops and dive bars on Broadway too. I don't mind a bit of "grimy" but I do want to feel safe in my home or coming home at night. It's just such a perfect little house. Thanks again and I would love to hear more opinions if anyone's got some. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:43 PM

17 posts, read 49,626 times
My wife and I love living in Platt Park. It's a friendly neighborhood that really does feel like a small town in of itself. Lincoln is not my favorite street, but it should be noted that Broadway stands to improve quite a bit in the coming years, now that the roadway has been reconstructed and there are rumors about developing the old Gates Rubber Co land at Broadway and Mississippi soon.
Also, the neighborhood has a sense of being 'upwardly mobile'. There is a lot of activity of people fixing up houses, building on vacant lots, teardowns and rebuilds (for better or worse). The take home point is that people seem to be investing a lot of money into the neighborhood, and I think that is a good sign for anyone looking to buy a home here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: