Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2006, 09:33 AM

5 posts, read 16,784 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning to make the move from Philadelphia to the Denver area sometime early next year. We're finding it hard to narrow down our search. We like Evergreen, but it may be just a bit too expensive and out of the way. Littleton, Highlands Ranch and Englewood seem to be priced right. However, I'm starting to see alot of inexpensive, nice looking homes in the Northeast section of the Denver area, but I know nothing of these neighborhoods (Parkfield, Montbello, etc). Can someone fill me in on these areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 07:41 PM

11,834 posts, read 34,467,731 times
There are more homes for sale in Montbello & Green Valley Ranch then anywhere in the metro area, keeping prices flat. Foreclosures high.

Are schools important? Is being close to the airport important? What about airport noise? Is there a commute involved? Are you an urban or suburban dweller?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:25 AM

Schools are somewhat important. We don't have any children, but my wife is a teacher. I've lived in suburbs my entire life but I'm not against living near town. I would prefer an out of the way place up in the hills with nice views and a wooded lot, but that's probably more than I'd like to spend. I travel regularly for work, so being no more than 45 minutes from the airport is good, although I'm looking to get rid of the traveling thing.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:46 PM

conifer and pine are nicely wooded, and cheaper than evergreen. Look south and west of evergreen. or the hilly parts of golden.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
conifer and pine are nicely wooded, and cheaper than evergreen. Look south and west of evergreen. or the hilly parts of golden.
Yeah, there seems to be some good value out that way. My only concern is the distance from the airport. Probably looking at 1hr+ eh?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 AM

yea. the mountains are west of the metro area and the airport is northeast of Denver...

Would it be a consideration to live in a area with lots of trees, while you are still traveling and then, move to the mountains?

Not a lot of wooded areas past the foothills going east. But more than a few neighborhoods with great big trees.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Would it be a consideration to live in a area with lots of trees, while you are still traveling and then, move to the mountains?
I'd be more inclined to just deal with a longer commute for a few months rather than to move again within a year or two. But maybe the answer is to buy in a neirghborhood and save up for a 2nd home or cabin in the hills in a few years.

Quote:
Not a lot of wooded areas past the foothills going east. But more than a few neighborhoods with great big trees.
Looking very closely at Morrison, Littleton, Golden. Do they fit this description?

Old 09-18-2006, 02:03 PM

oh absolutely. look into older established area like wheat ridge, arvada, thornton for large tree shaded areas. new places like tallyn's reach are hilly with nice views and large ponderosa pines...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver