Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 16,776 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone -

I'm getting ready to move to Denver, in less than a month (yippee!). I'm selling off all my furniture and buying new there. I'm aware of SofaMart and the Furniture Row stores, but was wondering if anyone knows of furniture stores that might be more in line with Ikea. Their prices are so good and the furniture is so sleek and modern; however I see the nearest Ikea store is approx. 7 hours away. Or if you can recommend good furniture stores for a frugal-minded person, that would be great! (I would especially be looking for a small entertainment center, computer desk, bookshelves, things like that...) Oh, and I'll be centrally located, about 10 min. from downtown Denver.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 11:59 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,468,580 times
There are the usual suspects like Pier One, Target, JC Penney. Also Furniture Row in and around Denver might be a good place to look plus American Furniture Warehouse.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 PM

616 posts, read 3,004,435 times
American Furniture Warehouse is the largest furniture store around here. They have a variety of styles and generally have the best prices. Unfortunately, most of the stuff comes from China, but that is true at most of the other furniture stores.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 PM

90 posts, read 635,653 times
American Furniture Warehouse

You can shop around and see if they have styles and prices that fit what you're looking for.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 PM

Also, with AFW, they generally have items in stock. With some of the other stores, we had to wait 2 to 6 weeks for them to get our furniture in.

When moving from a tiny house in San Diego to one 3 times the size here, we needed a lot of new furniture. They have a program that you can earn points towards future purchases. With all of the furniture that we bought, this program ended up saving us a few hundred dollars. I'm not sure if they still have it, but it would be worthing checking on.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 PM

739 posts, read 2,948,661 times
american furniture is pretty good
pier one is getting better and better as far as contemporary, it is not what it used to be
scandinavian designs may have the style you are looking for but the price will be higher (but not outrageous)
cost plus world market getting better
my personal favorite is room and board but it is not cheap- but not crazy either. their end of year sale starts in Nov and you can get some good things. Very good quality and their stuff stands up well to our dry climate- I can't say the same for some of the things I've gotten at pottery barn or others...

Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 16,776 times
Default thanks

Thanks for your replies... this should help!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 AM

955 posts, read 3,647,996 times
loved AFW and miss it now that we have moved!!

Old 08-24-2007, 02:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,219,585 times
i don't care much for american furniture warehouse. i bought a sofa set and table from them a few years ago and regretted it later. the quality of their furniture is cheap. furniture row is a little bit better quality in my opinion. we just bought a couch and chairs from them and couldn't be happier with the purchase. kacey fine furniture has good quality stuff at a high price. most of their stuff is a little too ornate for my tastes, but they do have regular furniture too. it's expensive but you get what you pay for. also, you can get good deals on used furniture at Moosely Seconds. some of it is crap, some of it is nice.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .gif View Post
kacey fine furniture has good quality stuff at a high price. most of their stuff is a little too ornate for my tastes, but they do have regular furniture too. it's expensive but you get what you pay for.
We had a problem with Kacey. We tried to get a bedroom set from them, however most of their stuff is not stocked. So, we waited more than 6 weeks before we tried to cancel. They refused unless we were to pay a 15% (if I recall right) restocking fee, because anything not in stock was considered "special order". We hadn't even take delivery yet! That did not matter to them. When the order finally came in several weeks later, they didn't even order the correct pieces! They finally relented and gave us our money back (though they first tried to just give us a credit). We will never buy from them again.

AFW, like many of the other furniture stores, gets most of their stuff from China, so you do have to be selective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver