Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:19 PM

21 posts, read 88,707 times

Advertisements

I live in Birmingham, you guys should take me with you! lol.

Kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 PM

9 posts, read 29,813 times
Islandsnow, at least you live in Birmingham lol. We are constantly having to travel to Birmingham for plays, concerts and The Original Pancake House lol.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM

9 posts, read 29,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan87 View Post
Id check out cornerstoneapartments.com. They have a lot of rental units that include all your utilities including wifi and you are only required to pay electric.. Right now I am looking at Aspen Arms in West Washington Park and Congress Park Terrace located in Congress Park.. The price on those were at $625 a month for a single unit, not sure about doubles (I believe the single units were around 500sq feet.). Ive been out to Denver once before and I am flying out one more time before I make my decision. Both these locations are within 2-4 miles of downtown Denver. I guess it depends how close you want to be in the city. I want to be a bit further on the outside but close enough to walk into it within a hour (I walk 2-3 miles a day and run another 5 so I dont mind being a bit further out of the city).

Im not sure about the job market in Alabama but I will tell you that I have been contacted to roughly 12 interviews in Denver, CO compared to 0 in New York. I just finally made enough savings to go out and attend 2 interviews along with police training for the Fort Collins PD.

Hopefully things work out for you and your fiance! If one of you have a job lined up I would totally bite on the opportunity.
How did you like the area for the Aspen Arms apartments? As of now, we may just try one of the Boutique Apartments.

My fiancé will be able to transfer his job to Denver. That's pretty impressive that you have already been contacted for 12 interviews. I've been looking at different job websites to scope out the current job market and I see openings for quite a few IT jobs.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,401,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
I would look at the location of your husband's job and seek areas to live in proximity to it.
Best advice in thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post
Name your schools for us, and we can compare CSAP scores to CCSD/HRSD schools.
CSAP scores are not the be-all/end-all of school quality. For the most part, they reflect the socio-economic status of the parents, and they give no prediction of how any individual kid will do.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:56 PM

556 posts, read 1,205,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raer310 View Post
We found a website today for Boutique Apartments and they seem to be a close fit with what we are needing. Metropolis and Prana are locating in Capital Hills and Congress Park neighborhoods, respectively. How would you rate these two neighborhoods on the basis of safety, pedestrian-friendly, close to shopping, etc? We both have cars, but we plan on doing more walking when we move to Denver.
$950 for a 1br should be very doable. think about ditching one of your cars and saving a hundred or two a month. no need for two cars in capital hill, especially if you live close to your job.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 PM

60 posts, read 74,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
CSAP scores are not the be-all/end-all of school quality. For the most part, they reflect the socio-economic status of the parents, and they give no prediction of how any individual kid will do.

What is the correlation between CSAP scores and socioeconomic status? Are you saying that poor people are stupid?

Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,602,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post
What is the correlation between CSAP scores and socioeconomic status? Are you saying that poor people are stupid?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 AM

115 posts, read 230,958 times
Quote:
No, she is saying that you are taking a very complex issue and attempting to simplify it down to one measure of performance which is not a valid approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver