Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 09:16 AM

903 posts, read 3,506,365 times

Advertisements

We are looking for any hotels that will give us a weekly rate in mid-June; we'll be in the area looking for a home. Any ideas in or around the Dover (or south of) area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 06:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Hi mary...........
Did you find a hotel yet. We went throught this last year and I found hotels in the summer to be just a tad expensive.
I called around and researched on the interenet and came up with a Howard Johnson on Route 13 to be nice and reasonable.
There are some smaller ones but they look kind of shady. Yucko!!
Howard JOhnson had a nice continental breakfast and was rather nice.
There are nice one below us too but like I said I was looking for the cheapest.
we just came down to check out the area for a weekend.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,355,097 times
There is a Holiday Inn Express that is very nice and has a continental breakfast. It is located behind McDonald's. Staff has always been very helpful when I have stayed there. There is also a Sheraton by the Walmart and Sam's Club. I have only been to conferences there, but the rooms that I was in were nice. Their restaurant has excellent breakfasts and I have heard dinners are good. Both are on Route 13, fairly close to the race track.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:28 AM

903 posts, read 3,506,365 times
I'll have to check these out Monday... we've been tied up this weekend with NC State Special Olympics (my 12 yr old son with autism is in the swim team). We have figured out we'd like to be in Dover from June 15 through about the 20th; not quite a week but it is Father's Day weekend.

Anyone know of any big events going on that weekend that might make finding a room difficult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware