Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM

50 posts, read 132,197 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about these 2 communities? Planning to visit next week. They both look so beautiful but probably way out of my $$ reach. Also want to look at the KHov community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 08:16 PM

957 posts, read 3,698,765 times
Baywood is owned by Tunnell, the owner of Pot Nets. Land rent in Baywood is very high at +-$1000/month and some of the houses are upwards of $500,000. I believe Peninsula is owned land, but I'm not sure. My real estate agent friend tells me there are places over $1m, but there are also condos/townhouses probably in the high $200's.

Best thing to do is call both and ask. They both handle sales internally. I called and asked about Baywood just because I bet my realtor friend lunch that lot rents were over $1000/month. The one I inquired about was $1050/month.

Baywood is really nice if you can stomach the prices. One of our favorite Segway rides is the golf course cart path around Baywood.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Bay Wood homes are modulars, also, constructed by Beracah Homes....the last time I was in there.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 PM

50 posts, read 132,197 times
Default How about Hovnanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeebs View Post
Anyone know anything about these 2 communities? Planning to visit next week. They both look so beautiful but probably way out of my $$ reach. Also want to look at the KHov community.
Thank you. I've read little about Hovnanian community...any word on that?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,032 times
The Baywood inter net site says the homes are manufactured off site.

rossc, You are correct. The Peninsula residents own their lots with the homes. Not sure about the townhomes.

Both areas are quite expensive. The homes at Baywood are less expensive up front, but the land lease fees there will add up very quickly. You can see the homes on line at Baywood.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 7,027 times
what do they mean fees can add up quickly? I visited it the other day and she was telling me 550.00 amonth?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:54 PM

9 posts, read 37,267 times
Default Baywood Fees

Boula,
We ,also, looked at Baywood and were astounded at the beautiful surroundings and the gorgeous landscaping. However, upon doing further research the land lease is a minimum of 550.00 and that is for the smallest home on a regular lot. Also, the land lease does not include the school tax which begins at 725.00+ per year. Usually, when a new community is under construction, the initial land lease fee is stable for a year or two to encourage new purchases. After awhile they can be and often are raised, dramatically. We spoke to some of the people who are selling in the Pots-Net com
munities and they can't keep up with these increases. Be Careful !!

We, eventually, purchased at Heritage Shores in Bridgeville and own the land.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,977 times
any homes for rent in baywoods or peninsula, millsboro area
need 3 bdrm home

Old 01-27-2011, 08:09 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,555,661 times
Editing post - sorry, I did not realize the original post was old. I did not read down far enough to realize my response was to a very old post - but, perhaps it may help someone else in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeebs View Post
You might want to go to the cape gazzette web page and do a search on Peninsula. If this is the one I am thinking about with the Jack Nicholas golf course, I believe the builder went bankrupt and it is now managed by the bank. The condo fees run about $8000 a year and because the golf club is still to be built, that might double! There were several write ups in the cape gazzette concerning by when the golf club had to be completed and the impact it would have on the present condo fees. There are some legal issues involved and the company that manages it for the bank is requesting another delay on when the golf club and other amenities need to be completed.

Mary2014

Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Mary is right from the articles I have read over the summer, the developer has filed bankruptcy. Many of the proposed amenities have not been completed.
The Baywood properties are nice. Not cheap. Now think of this If you have children they can not be put on the lease until they become adults.Once these kids turn 18 Pot Nets security can have them banned from Tunnel Properties .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware