Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 04:10 PM

986 posts, read 2,507,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdmitchell View Post
Basically I have a new neighbor who is renting the rowhouse next to me and sadly the person renting the house doesn't feel that he should turn down his bass. During our several talks he mentioned he doesn't feel that he should be inconvinced and that he doesn't think it's that loud. Doesn't matter that I expand to him that it is really distrubing me, since he has already stated he doesn't care. I even had him come into my house to listen to it, to which he stated it wasn't that loud. Well after a month of this i've had it, i'd called the police 3 times and I've contacted their landlord who hasn't responded to me at all.

I don't know what to do with this, I can't sleep or anything in the house. I've talked to this person numerous times and he won't turn it down. I simply don't know what to do anymore. The police said they can't do anything about it, the landlord is useless.

I really need to know what legal avenues I have other than looking for another home and putting my current house up for rent.
Bass pollution can make someone a misanthrope in short order! I consider it profoundly evil behavior when people knowingly do it. The initial excuse that they "didn't know" it carried that far is often a lie. Even bass that seems muted has insidious abilities to get through walls.

Another common excuse/lie is that "nobody else complains about it," or "I've never had complaints in the past," as if noise only exists when people have the temerity to point it out to bad neighbors. Lots of people are cowardly "no snitching" types and will ignore major racket even if it's ruining their own life. Those people are enablers of the worst kind. If several households complain about noise terrorism an eviction seems far more likely. When just one individual complains, they can be written off as "oversensitive" by lying, noisy creeps.

Police usually put noise complaints on low priority, though I imagine they're so overwhelmed that they'd be tied up all day responding. It's not a lack of police help, it's a surplus of crummy people in the world.

What can you do? Moving was my only recourse after months of ghetto neighbor hell in CA. Just investigate the heck out of the next area you live. Do a "noise stakeout" on at least two weekends. Ironically, living in a detached home can put you more at risk for some types of noise, since multiple owners have no uniform noise policy. No dwelling seems safe from that brand of evil anymore.

I wish America would implement the Danish "scum villages" experimental solution.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 04:21 PM

986 posts, read 2,507,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I couldn't imagine. We're in a totally different world here. For the past 30 years we've never had any complaints about neighbors, or otherwise in our small town. We don't have a HOA. If we ever had a problem I guess, we could just tell our town policeman as he walks by, or mention our concern down at the Town Hall where we all gather, or at one of the country festival meetings. We live the old fashioned way a strange phenomena these days. Our Town Pride Day is coming up soon! If there are any Town issues, they can be taken care of, with a little talking, at Town Pride Day! LOL
You just have the luxury of not being stuck in that situation, hence your upbeat tagline. Count your blessings daily. In many areas you need to be a millionaire to buy enough space to avoid noisy neighbors.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:10 PM

407 posts, read 966,702 times
Unfortunately, if the police don't agree you may not have much that can be done....but have they actually heard it for themselves? If not, you have to find a way for them to actually hear it, otherwise they probably can't do anything. On the other hand.....Take up the tuba. Place the open bell end against his wall. Play loud. Don't worry if you can't play, that might actually be a plus. Good luck.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:53 PM

997 posts, read 1,312,094 times
I'd bang on the wall everyone and then, at 4am.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:40 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,589 times
Contact their landlord and complain. Repeat if necessary, most rentals have noise restrictions in place after 10 P.M. The police won't do a damn thing besides talk to them and then when they leave the music will be back. The landlord can get them to stop. Other than that you could also fight fire with fire but that sometimes leads to violence. So be prepared. If they are up all night with loud bass go and purchase the loudest dirt bike or lawn mower you can find and ask the guy you buy it from to pull the muffler off. Fire that baby up at 6 A.M and just run it for hours. This is a great thing to do on the weekends when you have meth addicted bass playing neighbors. It may not get them to stop partying to DIE ANTWORD at 3 AM but they will wish they hadn't. When they come out yelling for you to stop just say "What, I can't hear you." and rev the motor to full RPM's.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,427 times
The landlord who owns the house next door let drug dealers live there even after the swat team raided it and told him about it. he didn't care since he was geting his money. The agents said all they need to do is notify him of the raid. The family of these morons still lives there and they are unbearable and so noisy. I can't even sit outside on my deck anymore or let my kids outside because all they do is fight and let their kids scream all day and night. I'm a prisoner in my own home. I'll trade you for that bass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware