Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM

699 posts, read 2,894,297 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what stores are coming to Camden? I've heard about a Dollar Store ,which we don't need and a bookstore which we do. Will there be a new grocery store there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 07:27 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
I was wondering the same thing myself. you mean over by Wal Mart?
I find the food a little high here in DE. I went to safeway and did not find it cheaper.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM

I shop at Wallmart for most things , my cat requires I buy her food and litter there. I find that Safeway has really great sales. That is where I get my meats. I shopped at Genuardi's / Safeway for 20+ years before we moved here. If it's not on sale, I don't buy it. Do try this and get 10 cents per gal discount on gas if you spend $50..
Wish we had a Super Target. Shopped in one in GA and also in CO recently and I was soooo impressed with the selection, fully stocked shelves and cleanliness .

Old 08-18-2007, 06:38 AM

My sister shops at a Genuardi's in Abington and She loves it.

This Wal Mart we have in Camden is really nice. It is clean and the aisles are roomie. I don't trust the meats and produce though so I go else where for that.
The one in Franklin Mills, northeast Philly, was not that nice with skinny aisles, kinda dirty and no food (thank God)
There is a Meat Market off of Route 8 Called Haass and their meats are excellent!!
Not sure if they are Amish but it is in the Amish area of Dover. We go there for our meats or the Acme up by Dover Downs.
People say that is expensive but I make out pretty good with my Acme card. they have some foods you can't get in other stores like steel cut oatmeal and shelled pastaschios.
I have a safeway card but nothing I needed was on sale.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:45 AM

73 posts, read 222,649 times
I have heard that a Supercuts is going in over at that new shopping center in Camden.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyseaocean View Post
I have heard that a Supercuts is going in over at that new shopping center in Camden.
hum.......supercuts? You mean hair salon? If so, are they any good?

Since we moved from Philly, it has been hard breaking in a new hairdresser. I have issues. LOL

Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 AM

73 posts, read 222,649 times
Supercuts is like another Hair Cuttery or Great Clips. Can't guarantee quality, I think it really depends on the stylist and their experience, just like any salon. I think they are limited with color services though, so that leaves me out. For a good cut for my husband and boys, Supercuts is great. I really and truly hope that this shopping center tries to bring some desirable shops in. If I see another Rent-A-Center, Dollar General, Chinese Food, video store, I will SCREAM!! How about a nice coffee house? I was glad about the book store.... a health food store like Trader Joe's would have me jumping for joy.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Trader Joes

I just went into their website and advised that we could use a store here in Kent County. I'll advise if they respond.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyseaocean View Post
Supercuts is like another Hair Cuttery or Great Clips. Can't guarantee quality, I think it really depends on the stylist and their experience, just like any salon. I think they are limited with color services though, so that leaves me out. For a good cut for my husband and boys, Supercuts is great. I really and truly hope that this shopping center tries to bring some desirable shops in. If I see another Rent-A-Center, Dollar General, Chinese Food, video store, I will SCREAM!! How about a nice coffee house? I was glad about the book store.... a health food store like Trader Joe's would have me jumping for joy.
Oh I"m for Trader Joe's. I miss that. We had one near us before we moved and also a whole foods.

You are correct about hair cuttery and other walk in cheap salons. You can find a fantastic person who works in one of them but not easy to find.
I had a girl for 15 years in the hair cuttery in torresdale Pa and she was the best ever.
She knew exactly what I wanted and I miss her terribly.
She was the manager also in that shop.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:46 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
This is from today's WDEL e-mail:

Dover to get new shopping center
Dover is poised to get another shopping center.
The city planning commission has approved plans to build the shopping center on 25 acres along Route 13 at Leipsic Road.

It is expected to open in Spring 2009 with stores such as Dick's Sporting Goods; Bed, Bath and Beyond; and Petco.

The site is adjacent to Dover International Speedway and has been used during race weeks by NASCAR memorabilia vendors and fans.

I am very glad to see a BBB fairly close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware